Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Waht should I do?

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: Gutter toppers?
Gutter toppers are great!
37.50%
Waste of time and money, pay someone to clean the gutter!
62.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Waht should I do?

Old Nov 4th 2006, 3:25 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone used gutter toppers?

Originally Posted by britvic
What about those seedy licker shop's do you think it's worth a look?
I know - why are they seedy here. I haven't managed to bring myself to go in one and yet I need to buy a lot of booze for christmas and I need to make my christmas puddings. So I am trying to get the courage to go into one, maybe donning a big hat and long overcoat
Old Nov 4th 2006, 3:28 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
Isn't it red wine that's supposed to have the health benefits <snip>
All alcohol either raises good cholesterol or lowers bad cholesterol, I forget which. But red wine is the only alcohol that does both.
Old Nov 4th 2006, 3:37 am

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
All alcohol either raises good cholesterol or lowers bad cholesterol, I forget which. But red wine is the only alcohol that does both.
Very informative - K for that.
Old Nov 4th 2006, 3:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
I know - why are they seedy here. I haven't managed to bring myself to go in one and yet I need to buy a lot of booze for christmas and I need to make my christmas puddings. So I am trying to get the courage to go into one, maybe donning a big hat and long overcoat
LOL wish we could hold hands and go in together There never seems to be anyone in there and the shame of coming out with a brown paper bag, I think I'll wait and let Hubs come in with me There is a shop I am looking forward to going in when he is home, and we dare not before with our Boy with us
Old Nov 4th 2006, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by britvic
There is a shop I am looking forward to going in when he is home, and we dare not before with our Boy with us
can guess what shop that is
Old Nov 4th 2006, 5:38 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waht should I do?

We had gutter guards installed on the house in August this year. There's lots of manufacturers in the market and we are happy with ours. We don't have many trees on our property but we get plenty of pine straw, leaves and stuff from the neighbors trees.

Our gutter guards are made of a kind of foam that allows rainwater to permeate and flow in the gutters but prevents bigger debris from falling into the gutters. Also, unlike (many?) other similar products, the shingles do not have to be lifted for this product to be installed. It can cause some damage if the shingles are lifted by incompetent people.

Anyway, since installation, the gutter guards seems to be doing very well. Debris does sit on top of the gutter guard temporarily until winds blow it onto the ground.

If anyone's interested in this product, please send me a PM.

NC Penguin