W**ky ER

Old Dec 10th 2005, 3:33 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default W**ky ER

So what's with the ER script writers and wanking? And do they read BE?

Last week the first line of the show was "That's the wankiest idea ever!" from Neela.

Someone here pointed out that what it was missing was the required hand movement...

...so this week, in the first 2 minutes of the show, Neela turns to a group of her male colleagues and calls them a "bunch of wankers"... and 2 seconds later they're all doing the hand movement... which it turns out is actually the start of a game of paper-scissors-stone!
Old Dec 10th 2005, 3:38 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: W**ky ER

Originally Posted by dbj1000

Last week the first line of the show was "That's the wankiest idea ever!" from Neela.

Someone here pointed out that what it was missing was the required hand movement...

...so this week, in the first 2 minutes of the show, Neela turns to a group of her male colleagues and calls them a "bunch of wankers"... and 2 seconds later they're all doing the hand movement... which it turns out is actually the start of a game of paper-scissors-stone!
Heard it on 'Family Guy' the other day as well, it's spreading
Old Dec 10th 2005, 3:41 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure I remember a couple of seasons ago Abby used the word "wanker" when referring to the bloke Dr Corday was seeing at the time.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Peggy Bundy is from Wanker County, Wisconsin and her maiden name is Wanker.

And she's old.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 9:26 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the writers are trying to attract more British viewership by slipping in Brit lingo.

Sadly, it ain't working for me. I haven't watched any of this series of ER...

NC Penguin
Old Dec 10th 2005, 9:37 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Geoffrey, the black English Butler in "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" called Will and Charlton a "pair of Wankers" a few weeks back.

Funny, I thought the show was supposed to be a fictional sit com, not a true life documentary.

Last edited by rushman; Dec 10th 2005 at 11:02 pm.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 9:54 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I thought she was raised in the UK before migrating with her family to the US. That would explain the use of the term.

Most probably a few UK writers have hit the Hollywood scene.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for butting in {I'm in NZ}, I was at a conference in OZ a few weeks ago and one of the speakers used the term "wankfest", when talking about teenage boys. I blushed :blush:

Gill
Old Dec 14th 2005, 7:23 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure they do it to bypass the censoring.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 7:26 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
I'm pretty sure they do it to bypass the censoring.

CENSORING - I thought this was the land of free speech
Old Dec 14th 2005, 7:30 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Geoffrey, the black English Butler in "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" called Will and Charlton a "pair of Wankers" a few weeks back.

Funny, I thought the show was supposed to be a fictional sit com, not a true life documentary.
Id love to add my thoughts, but i am off for a wa.. err.. cuppa.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 8:03 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
CENSORING - I thought this was the land of free speech
The Spy Who Shagged Me.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 11:42 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

On Family Guy the other night Stewie went to the BBC to find a tv show, the woman kicked him out and called him a "grotty little wanker"
Old Dec 15th 2005, 12:31 am

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick
On Family Guy the other night Stewie went to the BBC to find a tv show, the woman kicked him out and called him a "grotty little wanker"
God I loved that episode..."Want to take a dump in Mother Maggie's shoes? C'mon then, let's take a dump in Mother Maggie's shoes."
Old Dec 15th 2005, 1:01 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: W**ky ER

Damn you!

I have no idea why, but as I was reading through this thread a song which I vaguely remember from my teenage years (mid-late 70s). I can't remember who sang it and the record was banned from Radio 1 because of the lyrics...and all I can remember is someone singing this song in the style of George Formby and his banjo;

In my head I can keep hearing:

"I'm a wanker
I'm a wanker
And it does me good, like it bloody well should
I'm a wanker
I'm a wanker......." etc.

Might have been Judge Dredd? Quite a few of his songs were banned on Radio 1.

I'm now trying to think of other banned records - the obvious one is 'Relax' by Frankie Goes to Hollywood, as DJ Mike Read thought the lyrics were disgusting.....of course it went straight to no.1.

I think Je'Taime was also banned (some French bloke and I think Jane Birkin apparently having sex whilst singing.... )

"Love to Love You Baby" by Donna Summer wasn't banned though and that is pretty obvious that she's supposed to be having sex and having an orgasm - must have been a quickie though as the record is only about 3 minutes long LOL!

Last edited by Englishmum; Dec 15th 2005 at 1:02 pm. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.