Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

VSO curry night

VSO curry night

Old Feb 1st 2006, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold
Default VSO curry night

I found via deliaonline that in the UK they are organising a curry night on March 11th to benefit VSO, which seems to help all kinds of charities, the idea is to have your friends round for a curry, ask for a donation , the site has recipes, invitations etc, think it might be a good idea here too and send the money either home to VSO or a charity of choice.
Old Feb 1st 2006, 7:48 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VSO curry night

Originally Posted by geordiegirl2
I found via deliaonline that in the UK they are organising a curry night on March 11th to benefit VSO, which seems to help all kinds of charities, the idea is to have your friends round for a curry, ask for a donation , the site has recipes, invitations etc, think it might be a good idea here too and send the money either home to VSO or a charity of choice.

what a great idea except i've no mates here...i'm one of the billy no mates gang
Old Feb 1st 2006, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TruBrit
what a great idea except i've no mates here...i'm one of the billy no mates gang
if you can get to tucson, your welcome, we'll even waive the donation given the effort you put in to get there!!!
Old Feb 1st 2006, 8:25 pm
Account Closed

if you can get to tucson, your welcome, we'll even waive the donation given the effort you put in to get there!!!

ahh tks...i'll get peddlin'
Old Feb 1st 2006, 9:33 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds cool...but I don't think anything hot/spicey will go down to well with anyone around here *l*
Old Feb 1st 2006, 9:34 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
Sounds cool...but I don't think anything hot/spicey will go down to well with anyone around here *l*

lol that's what this country needs is something..lol anything to spice it up
Old Feb 1st 2006, 9:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
lol that's what this country needs is something..lol anything to spice it up
septic tanks the land over will be exploding then
Old Feb 1st 2006, 9:57 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
septic tanks the land over will be exploding then
lol that's true hmmmm might not be a bad thing
Old Feb 1st 2006, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bob
its funny living in Tucson obviously theres a high mexican population that put hot sauce on everything but find curry too spicy, though everytime we have a party my hubbie makes a curry, just rogan josh or something fairly mild and it goes down a storm.
Old Feb 1st 2006, 11:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

its funny living in Tucson obviously theres a high mexican population that put hot sauce on everything but find curry too spicy, though everytime we have a party my hubbie makes a curry, just rogan josh or something fairly mild and it goes down a storm.
Aye, it is amusing that...there's quite a selection of pretty tame veg curry sauces around here, bit to pricey for me though, and I prefer something a bit hot...and making own curry just ain't quite the same as going out for one...

Though there is a Indian place out in Bangor, but from what a friends told me, and from what I tried when they were selling stuff at the craft fair last year, everything was a bit tame, which was a shame.
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 12:22 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Make your curries with squirrel and venison. That might encourage people to come. Add some local flavor!

NC Penguin
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 12:28 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, we had a pool party last year, and a colleague originally from india bought some home made bharjis (sp?) and samosas, went down a storm they did.