VSC 2nd NOA

Old May 2nd 2002, 1:59 am
Just Joined

dawnqiu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VSC 2nd NOA

Hello all,

I called in VSC last Friday the first time. I was told by a lady that because a new request from the government, every applicant had to go through a background check. This will put an additional 15-21 days of process time. However, from the time line I saw from http://www.davehollis.com/k1/list.ph...datesent&dir=1 there is a couple "Barb and Ron" got approved April 29th, they applied just one day before me.

Does anyone has a clue of what might happened? (I just not seem to understand what is actual happening) If you really want to find a pattern out of the processing time from every couple, only one word you can get - "luck". Am I correct?

Anyway, anyone have a suggestion for me of what to do?
Is me calling the VSC going to help or I should contact my congressman?

Thank you.

Dawn
Old May 2nd 2002, 3:10 am
Aangiela

Default Re: VSC 2nd NOA

Yep, you got it. It's the luck of the draw in most cases. I had my petition approved
two weeks later that a lot of postings I noticed, who applied the same time I did.
Size of your petition, how well it's put together, what the service center's
priorities are on any given day, and who is working on your petition are some of the
factors that will affect your processing time.

All I can say is good luck and hold on. We're now waiting for an interview date. We
applied in January, but through NSC.

Take care,

Angie

Old May 2nd 2002, 10:40 am
Zik

dawnqiu <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I called in VSC last Friday the first time. I was told by a lady that because a new
    > request from the government, every applicant had to go through a background check.
    > This will put an additional 15-21 days of process time. However, from the time line
    > I saw from http://www.davehollis.com/k1/list.ph...datesent&dir=1 there is a
    > couple "Barb and Ron" got approved April 29th, they applied just one day before me.
    >
    > Does anyone has a clue of what might happened? (I just not seem to understand what
    > is actual happening) If you really want to find a pattern out of the processing
    > time from every couple, only one word you can get - "luck". Am I correct?
    >
    > Anyway, anyone have a suggestion for me of what to do? Is me calling the VSC going
    > to help or I should contact my congressman?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Dawn

yeah tell me about it, jennifer sent the application on March 2nd, and 1st NOA
received March 11. all that was before all this talk about security check and stuff
and it's still not approved. at first it occured to me, oh well may be because i'm
Lebanese, they would want to do more background checks. but then i saw also on the
timeline page an iranian couple who sent their application few days before us, and
they got approved in no time... which brought to my mind that the delay could have
been because i was on a J1 Visa and i just recently received the Waiver for the 2
years HRR.... who knows... but what i know is what ever time this petition should
take in our case, now we need to add 30 more days...

Zik

Old May 2nd 2002, 5:10 pm
Vitali Korobov

Dawn,

It took me 7 month to get my K-1 approved with VSC, and my case meets ALL their
requirements. Contacting my congressmen did not help. He wrote many letters on my
behalf, but that did not speed things up. After that they would not even talk to me
on the phone, saying I should only contact them through my congressmen, since my case
is now with their congressional liaison. I got through to congressional liaison
office, they asked me how I managed to get the number. I did not want to get the
person who gave it to me in trouble, and did not tell them where I got it. They said
never to call congressional liaison office, since I am not a congressman. After 7
months I called the Service Center Operations Division, which oversees the operations
of all regional dis-Service Centers, as I call them, and got my approval in 2 days
after that. I hope this helps.

"dawnqiu" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I called in VSC last Friday the first time. I was told by a lady that because a new
    > request from the government, every applicant had to go through a background check.
    > This will put an additional 15-21 days of process time. However, from the time line
    > I saw from http://www.davehollis.com/k1/list.ph...datesent&dir=1 there is a
    > couple "Barb and Ron" got approved April 29th, they applied just one day before me.
    >
    > Does anyone has a clue of what might happened? (I just not seem to understand what
    > is actual happening) If you really want to find a pattern out of the processing
    > time from every couple, only one word you can get - "luck". Am I correct?
    >
    > Anyway, anyone have a suggestion for me of what to do? Is me calling the VSC going
    > to help or I should contact my congressman?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Dawn
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 2nd 2002, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

Just called this morning and was told by an INS VSC officer that they are processing the receiving date March 22nd, 2002...

That is nice to know, and hopefully they are moving as quickly as possible.

Dawn
Old May 2nd 2002, 8:40 pm
Nluv4ever77

We applied for the k3 visa on Oct 5 th and to this day we are still waiting on the
2nd NOA.....and I contacted my congressman on this also........It says on Feb 13 they
recieved there request for more info...but dure to prelimary things...it will take 30
days............it has now been 80 days +.......if i dont hearanything by june
...then i will fly my ____ to holland and do the direct filing................wonder
why they do the security checks when you can go to the consulate in most countries
and do directly and get there quicker......i could kick myself in the ____ for
that........all of this wasted time..............

Old May 3rd 2002, 5:10 pm
Richard Sun

I'm a little confused, you talk about waiting for your second NOA for the K-3 Visa,
but I'm assuming you applied this at the MSC and not the VSC? Since the MSC is the
only INS Service Center that handles K-3 visas.

Here's my current time line:

http://www.richsun.com/20020227.html

Old May 3rd 2002, 6:10 pm
Zik

> Just called this morning and was told by an INS VSC officer that they are
    > processing the receiving date March 22nd, 2002...
    >
    > That is nice to know, and hopefully they are moving as quickly as possible.
    >
    > Dawn

Dawn, do you mean that they are resuming with applications of March 22nd after they
stopped the clock for the background check??

Because ours has been sent since March 2nd, way back, no 2nd NOA yet.. and when my
Fiancee Jennifer called they told her everything is okay.. i am not sure but i think
the background check timeline Vary from one case to another...

any ideas? thanks

Zik

Old May 3rd 2002, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Zik,

To be honest with you, I do not know what happened there. I am very confused, and the only thing I can do is to just sit tight and wait, and wait.

Here is what the officer told me: "we are processing application received on March 22nd." But well, as I said, i saw a couple got approved and their application received day was Arpil 9th... How could you explain this?

From what I heard, they usually distribute the pile of apps. to those officer and i guess it is the officer's mood to determine what he wants to pick out of his pile of apps. If he/she sees an app. that the size is kind of okay, he/she will just pick one...

My apps. is pretty thick, i guess this is the reason i am still waiting... and you ...

(it is funny that we can always come up some excuses for them, hahn...

Dawn
Old May 4th 2002, 4:40 am
Just Me

Tell me about it. I saw timelines for people who sent in their petitions on April 1
and approved by April 29. I sent mine March 22 and still waiting.

I guess I got a IO in a bad mood that day.

Bob

Old May 4th 2002, 9:40 am
Zik

> Zik,
    >
    > To be honest with you, I do not know what happened there. I am very confused, and
    > the only thing I can do is to just sit tight and wait, and wait.
    >
    > Here is what the officer told me: "we are processing application received on March
    > 22nd." But well, as I said, i saw a couple got approved and their application
    > received day was Arpil 9th... How could you explain this?
    >
    > From what I heard, they usually distribute the pile of apps. to those officer and i
    > guess it is the officer's mood to determine what he wants to pick out of his pile
    > of apps. If he/she sees an app. that the size is kind of okay, he/she will just
    > pick one...
    >
    > My apps. is pretty thick, i guess this is the reason i am still waiting...
    > and you ...
    >
    > (it is funny that we can always come up some excuses for them, hahn...
    >
    > Dawn

yeah that's true, i keep on thinking of reasons of why they haven't approved the
petition yet, and i tell you my imagination has become quiet impressive these days as
i imagine all kinds of scenarios. our application was not that thick,,, dunno how
many pages Jennifer included, but i don't think it was very big. I guess like you
said, all we can do is just wait.

good luck

Zik