Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Votes in the UK

Votes in the UK

Old Mar 5th 2004, 9:34 pm
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light
Default Votes in the UK

I have been studying the form I need to fill in to register as an overseas voter. It seems that I need to get it signed in order to verify my existence by someone who:-

a) knows me

b) is a British citizen

c) is not an immediate relative and

d) is not resident in the UK.

Luckily, I know another British expat living on Hilton Head, but it seems a pretty tall order. What happens if you're living in a small town where you're the only Brit? I was wondering if anyone else had any problems with this.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Why bother to register at all ? Under UK election law most people live in a constituency where a tin of baked beans would get voted in if it wore the right colour rosette.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 10:28 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Why bother to register at all ? Under UK election law most people live in a constituency where a tin of baked beans would get voted in if it wore the right colour rosette.

Listen, I could make a pretty good case for a tin of baked beans being preferable to blanc mange that's currently in power.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 11:17 pm
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Why bother to register at all ?
Because I can.