Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

visas and family

visas and family

Old Jan 5th 2004, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

YMurphy1267 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visas and family

i would like to know if im a qualified nurse and go over to live and work in the usa because they have granted me my green card would i be able to take my family with me or would they have to apply for a visa each thanks for your help
Old Jan 5th 2004, 1:20 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visas and family

Originally posted by YMurphy1267
i would like to know if im a qualified nurse and go over to live and work in the usa because they have granted me my green card would i be able to take my family with me or would they have to apply for a visa each thanks for your help
You keep starting new threads on this, you don't need to do that you could reply to the posts in the ones you've already started.

Have you actually got a Green Card? But no you can't take your mum and dad with you.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 1:26 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sibsie
You keep starting new threads on this, you don't need to do that you could reply to the posts in the ones you've already started.

Have you actually got a Green Card? But no you can't take your mum and dad with you.
takes about 14 years or so for a permanent resident to petition for an alien relative to move to the USA.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

YMurphy1267 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sibsie

no but i can get one and what i would like to know is can my husband come with me and once we live in the usa would i be able to sponser my family so they could join me. the thing is my mum would be working my little brother would need to go to school and my gran and granda would be ritired
Old Jan 5th 2004, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

SueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond repute

Right if you are a qualified nurse and GET your Green Card, yes your Hubby (&kids) can go with you. As far as other members of your family - this takes years as someone else had already mentioned. You have to be a resident for so many years before you can sponser a family member and then that can take 10 yrs from the info I have already found out from other people on this Forum.

For further info try clicking in Nurse for your search...

try here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...der=descending
Old Jan 5th 2004, 1:44 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Why would Gran and Grandpa need to go? if they just wanna get out of England, or need to go to sunnier climes, tell them to move to the Costa Del Sol or something?
Old Jan 5th 2004, 1:54 pm
In God We Trust

UKzeus is an unknown quantity at this point

My Sister sponsored me back in Sept 92,we have now just completed DS-130 forms and are waiting for the Embassy Interview Jan 04 ,as you can see it takes a long time.My wife has to take the NCLEX exam for the State she wants to nurse in as well as do the CGFNS Exam which alot of States require to verify your UK nursing school records hope this helps
Old Jan 5th 2004, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

SueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond repute

Florida only require the NCLEX (thank goodness!!!!)
Old Jan 5th 2004, 2:35 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SueIP
Florida only require the NCLEX (thank goodness!!!!)
Your taking it again next month if remember correctly Sue..Will this be your 4th or 5th attempt ..
Old Jan 5th 2004, 2:45 pm
In God We Trust

UKzeus is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep thats why all the nursing agencies send UK nurses there to get the NCLEX exam done ,
Old Jan 5th 2004, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ray6
Your taking it again next month if remember correctly Sue..Will this be your 4th or 5th attempt ..

Oh very funny Ray!!!!

That sunshine must be going to your brain and making you think in multiples....
Old Jan 5th 2004, 2:50 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SueIP
Oh very funny Ray!!!!

That sunshine must be going to your brain and making you think in multiples....
Could be!!! 78F here today ...and in Ruthin North Wales ???
Old Jan 5th 2004, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ray6
Could be!!! 78F here today ...and in Ruthin North Wales ???
Dont know what it is in Ruthin...LOL - havent been there since xmas day! Whereas in Kinmel Bay it is very very cold!
Old Jan 5th 2004, 3:06 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Your Husband and any children under 21 will be able to join you if you get a green card and come over to nurse. You can sponsor your parents as soon as you are a US citizen. It will take you 5 years from the time you get your gc until you can apply for USC, this takes another yearish. Your can then sponsor your parents, you are looking at a minimum 6 years.

The problem is that you may not get a gc straight away for nursing, you may come over on work visa and have to apply for a gc later.

In all probability it will take 10 years to get your parents over, there are no short cuts.

Now stop starting so many threads on the same ****ing subject, go and do some research and decide if you want to come over as a nurse and worry about your parents later.

Patrick
Old Jan 5th 2004, 3:27 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Patrick
Now stop starting so many threads on the same ****ing subject, go and do some research and decide if you want to come over as a nurse and worry about your parents later.

Patrick
Look what you've done YMurphy1267. You've made Patrick break one of his New Years resolutions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.