British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Visa photo (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/visa-photo-174233/)

cathy22w Aug 24th 2003 5:45 pm

Visa photo

Is it just me or are US immigration trying to catch us out with the dimensions required for the visa photos?
I just went to get mine done at a passport photo booth - came home and measured them and the area falls short of the 2 inch square they require.

I would appreciate any advice - stupid me thought these photos were standard!!! :confused:

thanks
cathy

Vicky88 Aug 24th 2003 7:27 pm

Definitely not standard size photos. If you are going for a visa interview at the US Embassy in London there is a photo place in Oxford Street that knows the correct dimensions without being told. Address should be on the paperwork, they are fast and no fuss. Don't go along with the wrong size because they will make you go out and get them taken again.

RaymanInPA Aug 24th 2003 8:40 pm

Re: Visa photo

Originally posted by cathy22w
I would appreciate any advice - stupid me thought these photos were standard!!! :confused:
thanks
cathy
Cathy - show a bit of cleavage and you'll waltz through the interview without a problem.

:p

cathy22w Aug 24th 2003 8:45 pm

Originally posted by RaymanInPA
Cathy - show a bit of cleavage and you'll waltz through the interview without a problem.

:p

A BIT of cleavage?

I went the whole hog and posed topless!!!! ;)

hehe

RaymanInPA Aug 24th 2003 10:17 pm

Originally posted by cathy22w
A BIT of cleavage?

I went the whole hog and posed topless!!!! ;)

hehe
I cant wait to see your passport!
:PARTY:

jemstar Aug 25th 2003 12:23 am

Hi Cathy,
Yes, they do require 2" square pictures but you'll be pleased to know that all branches of SNAPPY SNAPS do the required size with their instant digi cameras.
We had them done at Muswell Hill who were particularly helpful.
Good luck

torpkevuk Oct 20th 2004 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by jemstar
Hi Cathy,
Yes, they do require 2" square pictures but you'll be pleased to know that all branches of SNAPPY SNAPS do the required size with their instant digi cameras.
We had them done at Muswell Hill who were particularly helpful.
Good luck

Just had mine done.
Spent a pointless 2 hours trudging around Liverpool City Centre, finally got them done at a place called Samsons on Bold St.
£15 for 4 2x2 photo's, seems a bit steep, but couldn't find anywhere else that does em

Manc Oct 20th 2004 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by torpkevuk
Just had mine done.
Spent a pointless 2 hours trudging around Liverpool City Centre, finally got them done at a place called Samsons on Bold St.
£15 for 4 2x2 photo's, seems a bit steep, but couldn't find anywhere else that does em

nowt better than a reply to a year old thread :D

adeshell Oct 20th 2004 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Manc

Must have waited a whole year to get his photos done and reply to this.

torpkevuk Oct 20th 2004 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by adeshell
Must have waited a whole year to get his photos done and reply to this.

just tryin to be helpful to anyone in Liverpool who might be wanting to get their pics done :P

adeshell Oct 20th 2004 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by torpkevuk
just tryin to be helpful to anyone in Liverpool who might be wanting to get their pics done :P

:D Just winding you up lad.

bromleybill Oct 20th 2004 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by adeshell
:D Just winding you up lad.

And just when you thought you had it right with your 3/4 profile, you now need full face. Moreover, they do not seem to have a measure to check the photos at the Embassy :D

adeshell Oct 20th 2004 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by bromleybill
And just when you thought you had it right with your 3/4 profile, you now need full face. Moreover, they do not seem to have a measure to check the photos at the Embassy :D

Damn. Guess my Avatar photo won't work then

Duncan Roberts Oct 20th 2004 5:14 pm

I just went to a photo booth in boots, 3 quid for 4! Now they want passpprt photos so its even easier.

cathy22w Oct 20th 2004 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by Manc

Imagine my surprise at getting the link in my email!
BTW Rayman - posing topless proved quite a help at getting me through immigration in Philly! ;)