Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Visa Petition returned to NVC

Visa Petition returned to NVC

Old Sep 16th 2006, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

aderan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Petition returned to NVC

I was informed that my approved immigrant visa petition was returned back to the USA because I could not attend the immigrant visa interview at the Consulate (which I could not because I was abroad). After contacting the IV section at the consulate to reschedule the interview, they asked me to re-submit the DS-230 and mentioned that "the machine" (sic) would assign a new interview date in about a month or so.

However, four months have passed without news. I suspect that my approved petition was sent back to the USA and now is being reclaimed by the Consulate. Does anybody know how long usually this process takes? Does anybody have an approximate idea of how long it would take for consulates to re-schedule interviews in these circumstances??

Thank you very much in advance!
Old Sep 16th 2006, 3:52 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Petition returned to NVC

When US immigration asks you to jump, the only question you should ask is how high! Missing an interview can screw the process up for years.
Old Sep 16th 2006, 6:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa Petition returned to NVC

Check with the Consulate, but you do need to understand who has control here. A clue, not you.