Reload this Page >

visa information

visa information

Old Dec 12th 2011, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

matmens37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa information

All,

Can you help. My sister has just got her US passport (1 month) after doing her test. She has been Married for four years now. With her just getting her US passport can she sponcer her Brother straight away or is there a period she has to wait until she can sponcer someone? If so do you know how long?
Thanks
Old Dec 12th 2011, 9:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa information

Originally Posted by matmens37
All,

Can you help. My sister has just got her US passport (1 month) after doing her test. She has been Married for four years now. With her just getting her US passport can she sponcer her Brother straight away or is there a period she has to wait until she can sponcer someone? If so do you know how long?
Thanks
She can sponsor you straight away, although going on current processing times you'd have to wait 12 years or so for a visa. That's assuming you are from the UK, if not it may be longer if you are from somewhere like the Phillipines which is currently processing applications from 1988, so a 23 year wait for those guys!

Welcome to the forum btw.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
She can sponsor you straight away, although going on current processing times you'd have to wait 12 years or so for a visa. That's assuming you are from the UK, if not it may be longer if you are from somewhere like the Phillipines which is currently processing applications from 1988, so a 23 year wait for those guys!

Welcome to the forum btw.
Thanks for that information. 12Yrs, thats a long time. There is no quicker way? I have a long time to wait!!!
Old Dec 12th 2011, 11:07 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matmens37
There is no quicker way?
Other than marrying a US citizen, that is the quickest way for a sibling.

Ian
Old Dec 12th 2011, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

OP, this was all explained to you in August wasn't it?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=681785
Old Dec 12th 2011, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lisa67
OP, this was all explained to you in August wasn't it?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=681785
Some of the information was, thanks for pointing that out. I was not sure on how to see my old information which was on there. I did'nt ask the qustion if my sister could apply for a I-130 ASAP or there was a wait period.