Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Which visa do I need? (Can I get?)

Which visa do I need? (Can I get?)

Old Nov 2nd 2007, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

Will_K is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which visa do I need? (Can I get?)

Right, my girlfriend currently lives in Portugal working for a Portuguese company. She is being relocated to North Carolina at the end of January and obviously she can get a visa fairly easily as it's the first office to be opened in the States and therefore she is the only person able to do the job as she knows the company inside out.

I'm a British citizen and I am still at uni and will graduate next summer, the plan was for me to move over there with her and get a job (her company director said he would find me a job if need be), but I am having difficulty working out which visa I need, or if it's even possible seeing as I have no special skills or experience.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 11:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which visa do I need? (Can I get?)

Originally Posted by Will_K View Post
Right, my girlfriend currently lives in Portugal working for a Portuguese company. She is being relocated to North Carolina at the end of January and obviously she can get a visa fairly easily as it's the first office to be opened in the States and therefore she is the only person able to do the job as she knows the company inside out.

I'm a British citizen and I am still at uni and will graduate next summer, the plan was for me to move over there with her and get a job (her company director said he would find me a job if need be), but I am having difficulty working out which visa I need, or if it's even possible seeing as I have no special skills or experience.
Unless you are married to her and can tag along as her husband, you can't derive any immigration benefit from her status in the USA.

As for your own way in, see the Wiki links at the top of the site (along the blue bar), search for "Pulaski". There are many ways into the USA, you have to read them and see which one you might qualify for.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 12:16 am
Just Joined

Will_K is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Which visa do I need? (Can I get?)

Thanks for the reply, I'll have a look at that article now.