Reload this Page >

Visa to Belize?

Visa to Belize?

Old May 18th 2003, 3:36 am
Just Joined

turbicarnivore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa to Belize?

Hi There

Could anyone tell me if the Belize or Costa rica is a valid destination for renewing a visa waiver.

If not could anyone suggest a good place. (cost and safety dependant)

Thanks in adance.
Old May 18th 2003, 4:05 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa to Belize?

Are you thinking that your Visa Waiver is nearly up and that a quick trip out can renew it ..
Old May 18th 2003, 4:14 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by ray6
Are you thinking that your Visa Waiver is nearly up and that a quick trip out can renew it ..
I would prefer to go somewhere closer than England.
Old May 18th 2003, 4:18 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by turbicarnivore
I would prefer to go somewhere closer than England.
Well!!! you are confusing me...What do you actually want to do ???
Old May 18th 2003, 4:20 am
Just Joined

I wish to renew my visa waiver.
Old May 18th 2003, 4:33 am
Just Joined

The term "adjacent islands" is defined in section 101(b)(5) of the Act, and for the purposes of the VWP includes: Anguilla, Antigua, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Barbuda, Bermuda, Bonaire, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, the Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Haiti, Jamaica, Marie-Galante, Martinique, Miquelon, Montserrat, Saba, Saint-Barthelemy, Saint Christopher, Saint Eustatius, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Maarten, Saint Martin, Saint Pierre, Saint Vincent and Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, and other British, French and Netherlands territory or possessions bordering on the Caribbean Sea.

As far as I am aware, Belize is no longer British territory, so could allow for a visa renewal.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Thanks
Old May 18th 2003, 4:43 am
Ray

Technically you should have arrived with a return or forward ticket, therefore you are expected to use that. You can off course visit ajacent islands etc within that initial 90days..I cannot find any time limit in which you have to wait before applying for a new Visa Waiver, but 90 days would seem reasonable, anything less and you may be refused acess at the POE.
Old May 18th 2003, 4:50 am
Just Joined

Technically you should have arrived with a return or forward ticket, therefore you are expected to use that. You can off course visit ajacent islands etc within that initial 90days..I cannot find any time limit in which you have to wait before applying for a new Visa Waiver, but 90 days would seem reasonable, anything less and you may be refused acess at the POE.
People often "visa hop" back to Europe for a week to renew their visa waiver. What I need to know is if Belize qualifies as a destination for this.

Thanks
Old May 18th 2003, 5:03 am
Ray

Originally posted by turbicarnivore
People often "visa hop" back to Europe for a week to renew their visa waiver. What I need to know is if Belize qualifies as a destination for this.

Thanks
Sorry ..Not if it was not on your original ticket as a forward destination...of course thats not to say it would not work, a friend of ours came out on a visa waiver, in march, went back after 90days to the UK...tried to come out again 3 weeks later and was refused entry.. they did not believe he was coming out on a vacation again after such a short period....
Old May 18th 2003, 5:18 am
Just Joined

Sorry ..Not if it was not on your original ticket as a forward destination...of course thats not to say it would not work, a friend of ours came out on a visa waiver, in march, went back after 90days to the UK...tried to come out again 3 weeks later and was refused entry.. they did not believe he was coming out on a vacation again after such a short period....
From what I can tell, what you said is very much the exception rather than the rule. Does anyone else have any ideas on this?