Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Visa Application

Visa Application

Old Oct 7th 2010, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Oriciana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Application

So I have been researching different sorts of visa applications and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. ( I don't know if they will reject my application and bar me from re-applying for a certain amount of years or what....)

I know that I cannot apply for citizenship because I have not lived there. I have only visited for extended amounts of time. Should I just apply for a work visa, and if so what kind?

I am getting a job with a company that has a branch in the UK. I thought about the ancestry visa, but I believe I am disqualified as the last British citizen in the family was born in in the middle of the 19th century. Go figure on that.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Application

Here's a starting point: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA
Old Oct 7th 2010, 4:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oriciana
So I have been researching different sorts of visa applications and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. ( I don't know if they will reject my application and bar me from re-applying for a certain amount of years or what....)

I know that I cannot apply for citizenship because I have not lived there. I have only visited for extended amounts of time. Should I just apply for a work visa, and if so what kind?

I am getting a job with a company that has a branch in the UK. I thought about the ancestry visa, but I believe I am disqualified as the last British citizen in the family was born in in the middle of the 19th century. Go figure on that.
I think you are asking your question on the wrong forum. As you are an American wanting to live in the UK...you would be best posting in http://www.uk-yankee.com/. Good luck
Old Oct 7th 2010, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Where are you trying to live? What qualifications and work experience do you have?
Old Oct 7th 2010, 7:44 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oriciana

Hi Oricana,

You could also try posting in our Moving Back to the UK forum, as we do sometimes get Brits who are moving back with foreign spouses so the topic does come up from time to time. Overall though, even though you are very welcome here you may find the link that Jerseygirl posted more suitable for your needs as the manority of us are British and so don't know much about visas etc for the UK.