Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Visa Advice Required for Entry to U.S.A

Wikiposts

Visa Advice Required for Entry to U.S.A

Old Jun 19th 2006, 12:19 am
Just Joined

Piranha Tales is a splendid one to beholdPiranha Tales is a splendid one to beholdPiranha Tales is a splendid one to beholdPiranha Tales is a splendid one to beholdPiranha Tales is a splendid one to beholdPiranha Tales is a splendid one to beholdPiranha Tales is a splendid one to beholdPiranha Tales is a splendid one to beholdPiranha Tales is a splendid one to beholdPiranha Tales is a splendid one to beholdPiranha Tales is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Visa Advice Required for Entry to U.S.A

Originally Posted by dbj1000
You've got be be frickin' joking! Your 8th post on these boards is to correct Manc's spelling?

Nice to meet you. I wish you luck in your role as resident pedant. Do you do grammar too?
Bloody hell - seems I have missed quite a bit of abuse over the weekend!

I knew I should have taken the post count off my profile...

I am indeed a very brave person and would of course love to take on the role of resident pedant, but think I am already too busy with my duties as president of the chess club, the science nerds, the grade A smartasses and many more.

Sigh....
Old Jun 19th 2006, 12:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piranha Tales
Bloody hell - seems I have missed quite a bit of abuse over the weekend!

I knew I should have taken the post count off my profile...

I am indeed a very brave person and would of course love to take on the role of resident pedant, but think I am already too busy with my duties as president of the chess club, the science nerds, the grade A smartasses and many more.

Sigh....
That wouldn't have saved you...we would have known you are a newbie...and we don't respond well to newbies lashing out at established members of BE.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:08 am
Just Joined

Piranha Tales is a splendid one to beholdPiranha Tales is a splendid one to beholdPiranha Tales is a splendid one to beholdPiranha Tales is a splendid one to beholdPiranha Tales is a splendid one to beholdPiranha Tales is a splendid one to beholdPiranha Tales is a splendid one to beholdPiranha Tales is a splendid one to beholdPiranha Tales is a splendid one to beholdPiranha Tales is a splendid one to beholdPiranha Tales is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That wouldn't have saved you...we would have known you are a newbie...and we don't respond well to newbies lashing out at established members of BE.

Hoppla - seems I have started a major sense of humour failure here (which I of course apologise profusely for)... And I thought it was "ze Germans" that were generally lacking in the humour department!

Will I now be in the dog house forever?

Although I didn't think I was lashing out, really. Rather making fun of US spelling, as it wouldn't surprise me at all if altar was spelt with an e for "simplification purposes". How did Eddie Izzard put it: You say "erbs", wie say "herbs" - because there's a f***ing "h" in it...
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:13 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Hoppla - seems I have started a major sense of humour failure here (which I of course apologise profusely for)... And I thought it was "ze Germans" that were generally lacking in the humour department!

Will I now be in the dog house forever?

Although I didn't think I was lashing out, really. Rather making fun of US spelling, as it wouldn't surprise me at all if altar was spelt with an e for "simplification purposes". How did Eddie Izzard put it: You say "erbs", wie say "herbs" - because there's a f***ing "h" in it...
Take the piss out of American spelling all you like, most of us are Brits.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Take the piss out of American spelling all you like, most of us are Brits.
Oh for crying out loud - of course I know most of us are Brits as this is the British Expat website. I was quoting Eddie Izzard word for word, as per his gig in front of a US audience, which is why it said "you".

I didn't mean "you" as in addressing the people on this forum. Do you really think I am that suicidal that I will keep trying to insult the people I was only trying to have a nice chatty banter with? Even I am not that 3D...
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:26 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Oh for crying out loud - of course I know most of us are Brits as this is the British Expat website. ...
Careful ..there are Togoans here as well ..........
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:30 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Oh for crying out loud - of course I know most of us are Brits as this is the British Expat website. I was quoting Eddie Izzard word for word, as per his gig in front of a US audience, which is why it said "you".

I didn't mean "you" as in addressing the people on this forum. Do you really think I am that suicidal that I will keep trying to insult the people I was only trying to have a nice chatty banter with? Even I am not that 3D...
Well banter away my little Pirhana.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:31 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Of course we should not forget the Dingo people ..or the moose people
or even the few Camel people ..
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:55 am
Just Joined

Would love to! But think I may now be too worried to provoke another sense of humour failure...
Old Jun 19th 2006, 4:55 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Would love to! But think I may now be too worried to provoke another sense of humour failure...

Hello Piranha Tales,

Welcome to the forum..you seem to be fitting in quite nicely Stick around and enjoy the quick fire repartee, you seem to be able to defend yourself ...you might think of changing your nick to "the last samurai" other than that you have all the attributes necessary to stay in the coliseum. Watch out though if the Emperor/Empress gives you a thumbs down. Trick is working out who is the Emperor/Empress today.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 5:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kate2112
Hello Piranha Tales,

Welcome to the forum..you seem to be fitting in quite nicely Stick around and enjoy the quick fire repartee, you seem to be able to defend yourself ...you might think of changing your nick to "the last samurai" other than that you have all the attributes necessary to stay in the coliseum. Watch out though if the Emperor/Empress gives you a thumbs down. Trick is working out who is the Emperor/Empress today.
Good post Kate.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 5:10 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Good post Kate.

Muaaaaaaaaaaah Jerseygirl, just making a newbie feel welcome
Old Jun 19th 2006, 5:18 am
Just Joined

Muaaaaaaaaaaah Jerseygirl, just making a newbie feel welcome
Which you did! Thanks Kate.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 5:19 am
Junior Showtime

Which you did! Thanks Kate.

You're welcome petal , Karma on its way
Old Jul 30th 2006, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

Christopher is just really niceChristopher is just really niceChristopher is just really niceChristopher is just really niceChristopher is just really niceChristopher is just really niceChristopher is just really niceChristopher is just really niceChristopher is just really niceChristopher is just really niceChristopher is just really nice

You're welcome petal , Karma on its way

Just clicked on to check my previous post, and I did not realise how many responses.

Anyway..quick update. Still seeking entry to US, I have a few leads with potential sponsors but nothing concrete yet. Leaving london for NZ end of August
and have a few posibble short term sponsors in NZ to meet on my arrival for 1-2 months while the US opportunities are explored further and clarified. (visiting family based in the UK utilising free time before potentially restricted American Holidays!)

Chris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.