Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Virginia Sheriff, 12 Employees Indicted

Virginia Sheriff, 12 Employees Indicted

Old Nov 2nd 2006, 4:53 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Virginia Sheriff, 12 Employees Indicted

http://kevxml2a.verizon.net/_1_218GT...&feed=ap&top=1

A sheriff and 12 of his uniformed employees have been indicted in a racketeering case that claims drugs seized from criminals were being resold, sometimes out of a sergeant's home, court records unsealed Thursday show.
The 34-count indictment also charges a postal worker, a probation officer and five citizens.

William R. Reed, one of the indicted citizens, told investigators he was a middleman in the distribution ring and paid a sheriff's sergeant to use the house he owned for drug distribution, according to the indictment.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 5:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Virginia Sheriff, 12 Employees Indicted

If you want a real laugh follow the Sherrif election for Aspen.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 5:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
If you want a real laugh follow the Sherrif election for Aspen.
what's that all about?

to lazy to google
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 5:46 pm
Account Closed

The latest, but it is a much longer story:

The race for sheriff in Pitkin County took another bizarre turn Wednesday when the Aspen Daily News reported that challenger Rick Magnuson was suspended from his job as an Aspen police officer for one day and served a six-month probation in 2003 for writing about 60 letters - half to Osama bin Laden and half to President Bush.

The letters, which were sent to fictitious addresses, attracted investigators from the federal Department of Homeland Security's counterterrorism unit, police records show.

Magnuson also used department databases to run a background check for his then-girlfriend, and provided her a printout, which violated police policy governing dissemination of criminal history information.

A federal official called "to inform us of a possible unstable person who may be involved in terrorism living in our area," police documents show.

The Daily News obtained the records with a request under the Colorado Open Records Law.

Magnuson, who refuses to talk to the Daily News because he contends the newspaper is biased against him, learned that the paper obtained the records, so he provided some information Tuesday to the competing Aspen Times.

"I'm human, and I make mistakes," Magnuson told the Times. "These are mistakes I accept and have learned from."

The police records also show Magnuson's discipline stemmed in part from "endurance driving" through a roundabout in Vail, which brought the attention of Vail police. Magnuson said he filmed "performance art" of scenery from the roundabout.

Magnuson, who still works for the Aspen police, is challenging incumbent Sheriff Bob Braudis, who's held the post 20 years. Neither returned calls Wednesday seeking comment.

Magnuson's performance art provided another twist to the campaign earlier this fall, when the Daily News reported that a videotape from Magnuson showed him in the Mojave Desert masturbating.

He explained it occurred on his 40th birthday and said it was performance art.

The episode was televised on an Aspen channel, and Magnuson posted it on www.youtube.com on Oct. 13.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 6:17 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: Virginia Sheriff, 12 Employees Indicted

Originally Posted by Boiler
The latest, but it is a much longer story:

The race for sheriff in Pitkin County took another bizarre turn Wednesday when the Aspen Daily News reported that challenger Rick Magnuson was suspended from his job as an Aspen police officer for one day and served a six-month probation in 2003 for writing about 60 letters - half to Osama bin Laden and half to President Bush.

The letters, which were sent to fictitious addresses, attracted investigators from the federal Department of Homeland Security's counterterrorism unit, police records show.

Magnuson also used department databases to run a background check for his then-girlfriend, and provided her a printout, which violated police policy governing dissemination of criminal history information.

A federal official called "to inform us of a possible unstable person who may be involved in terrorism living in our area," police documents show.

The Daily News obtained the records with a request under the Colorado Open Records Law.

Magnuson, who refuses to talk to the Daily News because he contends the newspaper is biased against him, learned that the paper obtained the records, so he provided some information Tuesday to the competing Aspen Times.

"I'm human, and I make mistakes," Magnuson told the Times. "These are mistakes I accept and have learned from."

The police records also show Magnuson's discipline stemmed in part from "endurance driving" through a roundabout in Vail, which brought the attention of Vail police. Magnuson said he filmed "performance art" of scenery from the roundabout.

Magnuson, who still works for the Aspen police, is challenging incumbent Sheriff Bob Braudis, who's held the post 20 years. Neither returned calls Wednesday seeking comment.

Magnuson's performance art provided another twist to the campaign earlier this fall, when the Daily News reported that a videotape from Magnuson showed him in the Mojave Desert masturbating.

He explained it occurred on his 40th birthday and said it was performance art.

The episode was televised on an Aspen channel, and Magnuson posted it on www.youtube.com on Oct. 13.
lol, someone should use this on a sketch show or on a sit com on tv. You just could'nt make this stuff up lol.

I bet he wins too LOL.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 7:46 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I blame the Republicans.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 7:57 pm
Account Closed

ICE did a raid a few months back, big fuss because they did not inform the current Sherrif who as well as his Alcholism is also a druggie and in cahoots with the owner of the bar they wanted to raid.

There is a TV series in it, at least.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 8:48 pm
Account Closed

carolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Virginia Sheriff, 12 Employees Indicted

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I blame the Republicans.
I blame the Republicans for everything from World Hunger to stubbing my big toe lol.