Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Vice President?

Vice President?

Old Mar 28th 2004, 4:31 am
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future
Default Vice President?

On a roll for new discussions.

A poll for the politcally interested, who should be Kerrys running mate?

The funniest/best suggestions so far was Bill Clinton as he said on saturday night live (think best Arkansas drawl)" i will put the vice back in vice president".

On a more serious note i would love to see Sen John McCain. A bi-partisan ticket would be a brilliant move and might give us a chance for a new bi-partisan administration to actually get into some of the big issues rather than the usual partisan deadlock.

Just an idea i expect a safe option will emerge like Gov Richardson or Bob Graham.

regards,

Duncan
Old Mar 28th 2004, 2:49 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Edwards
Old Mar 28th 2004, 3:15 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vice President?

Originally posted by Duncs
On a roll for new discussions.

A poll for the politcally interested, who should be Kerrys running mate?

The funniest/best suggestions so far was Bill Clinton as he said on saturday night live (think best Arkansas drawl)" i will put the vice back in vice president".

On a more serious note i would love to see Sen John McCain. A bi-partisan ticket would be a brilliant move and might give us a chance for a new bi-partisan administration to actually get into some of the big issues rather than the usual partisan deadlock.

Just an idea i expect a safe option will emerge like Gov Richardson or Bob Graham.

regards,

Duncan
John Edwards has what Kerry doesn't - charisma, and a very persuasive way with words. I think he would reach voters that Kerry wouldn't, so I think in terms of getting elected he'd be my choice. Whether he'd be the best choice for VP is another question.
Old Mar 28th 2004, 3:46 pm
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

I think either Edwards or McCain would be very good choices. Edwards looks 12 years old, and has that southern gentlemanly charm.
McCain for the fact he's republican and it'd piss of the current administration to no end. Plus, it'd help the democrats reach across to those moderate republicans who are getting indecisive.

Comedy Sharpton option.
Old Mar 28th 2004, 3:55 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Hillory Clinton

There is talk of her preparing for a presidential compaign for 2008. This would be a great way to get her started.

Last edited by rincewind; Mar 28th 2004 at 3:58 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2004, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

McCain is a wild man who'd piss too many people off, rather than bring them together. I kinda like his no nonsense style and his willingness(sp) to poke fun at himself and politics during interviews. But vice president on a dem ticket, er no.

Edwards is a no for me also. The guy bombed even in his homeland south, because no one knew who the hell he was outside the Carolina's. Kerry needs someone who is going to make an impact and who can help carry a close state like Florida or New Mexico. I like Richardson the governor of New Mexico. Worked very nicely in the Clinton administration and would be a good fit as VP in my opinion.
Old Mar 28th 2004, 4:44 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Much as I'd love to see a female President I don't think the Americans would accept Hilary as a vice.
Old Mar 28th 2004, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sibsie
Much as I'd love to see a female President I don't think the Americans would accept Hilary as a vice.
They did twice before

Hillary is all about 2008 though. There is no way she is getting involved with the VP race, other than supporting the person Kerry eventually picks.
Old Mar 28th 2004, 5:41 pm
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

Plus, the residents of New York wouldn't be too happy that she gave up her only recently gained position as Senator to jump into the presidential campaign.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 12:46 am
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Pimpbot
They did twice before

Hillary is all about 2008 though. There is no way she is getting involved with the VP race, other than supporting the person Kerry eventually picks.
Hilary wont be the VP. And if Kerry wins she has missed her chance as he will be runing again in 2008 so she would have to wait until 2012 when she is 68 odd. She should have gone in when Gore backed out she would have sewn up the nomination and would have had a shot at the job this year. Fortune favors the brave i suppose and the talking heads said Bush 43 was unbeatable so she chickened out.

Richards is competent but dull personally i love the Kerry McCain idea but its not realistic. Otherwise i would go for Edwards(that screws Hilary as he would be presumptive for 2012 if they win) and he adds charisma to the ticket and god knows it needs it, or for more off the wall choice Sen Bob Kerrey (Medal of honor winner and the shooting civis in Nam thing wouldnt hurt him with this electorate) he is tough on defence and terrorism, charismatic and 2 war heros vs 2 war dodgers (national guard and 'other priorities' as Cheney said) could play well.

Frankly i am open minded as long as Bush 43 gets beaten thats all i want.

regards,

Duncan