Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

VH1 - Bands Reunited

VH1 - Bands Reunited

Old Jan 21st 2004, 3:02 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute
Default VH1 - Bands Reunited

First and last blatant plug:

Another ex-pat Brit will be reforming with the original band members for a new series called "Bands Reunited"

Mike Score - who now lives in Florida, was flown back to London for the reunion gig and when you see them entering into the rehearsal room it is the first time any of them have seen each other for nearly 20 years.

Mike hasn't talked to his brother Ali (the drummer) for 10 years.
Paul Reynolds - the guitarist had to leave the band because of drink and drugs (eventually had a nervous breakdown) and there's still tension there.

From what I've been told it's a good episode.

www.airbornedivision.com/vh1/

Right then.
Lets see how many mentions of "one hit wonder" and "what about the hair ?!" we get

Webbie.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I caught a bit of last nights show. I must admit, its the Kagagoogoo show I want to see for all kinds of reasons, and none because I like their music!!................or their hair!!. lol
Old Jan 21st 2004, 3:26 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VH1 - Bands Reunited

Originally posted by Webbie
First and last blatant plug:

Another ex-pat Brit will be reforming with the original band members for a new series called "Bands Reunited"

Mike Score - who now lives in Florida, was flown back to London for the reunion gig and when you see them entering into the rehearsal room it is the first time any of them have seen each other for nearly 20 years.

Mike hasn't talked to his brother Ali (the drummer) for 10 years.
Paul Reynolds - the guitarist had to leave the band because of drink and drugs (eventually had a nervous breakdown) and there's still tension there.

From what I've been told it's a good episode.

Webbie.
Webbie. You forgot the most important info.! When is this show on? Tonight? What time?

Have I missed most of the shows? I hope not. I remember seeing the trailers for the show but don't remember when they're broadcast.

It'd really make my husband thrilled if the show was on XTC (Swindon's finest).

NC Penguin
Old Jan 21st 2004, 3:33 pm

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by NC Penguin
Webbie. You forgot the most important info.! When is this show on? Tonight? What time?

Have I missed most of the shows? I hope not. I remember seeing the trailers for the show but don't remember when they're broadcast.

It'd really make my husband thrilled if the show was on XTC (Swindon's finest).

NC Penguin
That's why I did a link to the VH1 section. All the times/dates there.
The AFOS show is on now (11am) and repeated at 4pm then 10pm.
Good suggestion with XTC - another band who should be reunited.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 3:39 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Going slightly off-topic I went to see "Taboo" written by Boy George on Broadway, about London clubs in the early 1980s and his life just as he was about to become famous.

Boy George no longer has the voice to carry a complete production so he played the part of a guy called Leigh Bowery (who has since died of Aids). A younger actor played the part of Boy George in his early 20s and he was an idendikit of him - even in some acts where the real BG was on stage at the same time he looked and sounded like he could have been a clone.

Unfortunately the real BG - George O'Dowd has become rather plump and he didn't look too good! (My husband reckons he's on steroids).

Well, the show was/is enjoyable but just not in the same league as "The Boy From Oz" with Hugh Jackman which is on at the theatre across the street from "Taboo". It is closing early and Rosie O'Donnell who backed this production has lost $10 million of her own money!!!!
Old Jan 21st 2004, 3:45 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Webbie
That's why I did a link to the VH1 section. All the times/dates there.
The AFOS show is on now (11am) and repeated at 4pm then 10pm.
Good suggestion with XTC - another band who should be reunited.
OK. Finally I found the VH1 page that lists the showtimes and bands who are reunited.

Who the hell are Dramarama? I'd be glued to the set if it were in fact, Bananarama (aka the Rams. Did anyone else read Smash Hits in the 80s & 90s?)

I see that Squeeze will be reuniting. I find that a bit odd 'cos don't Gifford & Tilbrook still perform together from time to time?

NC Penguin
Old Jan 21st 2004, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

RChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to all

From what I've heard they fail to get Squeeze back together, which seems a bit weird because Difford and Tilbrook are still on speaking terms and still write the odd song together. Mind you it depends on which line up of Squeeze they are attempting to reunite...they must of had a new line up every 6 months or so when they were a band!
I'm personally looking forward to the Frankie Goes The Hollywood
episode this Friday (i think). They were the first band I ever saw in concert...now must dig out that old "Frankie Says Relax" t shirt!
Old Jan 21st 2004, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

SueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by NC Penguin
Who the hell are Dramarama? I'd be glued to the set if it were in fact, Bananarama (aka the Rams. Did anyone else read Smash Hits in the 80s & 90s?)

NC Penguin

Yes I read Smash Hits, but ony in the 80's!!!
Old Jan 21st 2004, 4:30 pm

Originally posted by SueIP
Yes I read Smash Hits, but ony in the 80's!!!
"...Dear Black Type..."