Reload this Page >

Vet in Mission Viejo

Vet in Mission Viejo

Old Oct 26th 2011, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

Phil999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vet in Mission Viejo

Hi All

So I am back looking for more guidance we are almost ready and fly next Friday 2 cats booked to fly with pertair and we will pick them up on the Sunday.

One of the cats has a special diet Royal Canin Urinary SO pouches and biscuits in the UK this is prescription so I assume it will be in the US as I cannot ship the food does anyone know if I could arrange some without going to a vet maybe sending a vet in advance the prescription from my UK vet with the cats history?

Failing that can anyone suggest a good vet in mission so I can get him registered when I arrive.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Phil
Old Oct 26th 2011, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

limeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud of
Default Re: Vet in Mission Viejo

Hi!

We take our dog here: http://www.alisosanimalhospital.net/ And we've been happy with the service. We've only been for routine shots etc, but so far we're pleased.

Don't know about the dietary foods, you might send them an email, see if they can answer questions.

Dawn
Old Oct 26th 2011, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know why you can't stick a couple of days worth of cat food in your suitcase. After all, it may take a couple of days to get yourself sorted and the cats sorted. It would be a good idea to get the cats vets records copied to take with you and a copy of the Rx for food. I don't know if the big pet stores, Petco & Petsmart, carry that food.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

limeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud of

Looks like you might be able to order it on Amazon.

But I agree with the poster above, you should be able to bring a few days supply in with you I would think.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 7:59 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

if you look at a pet food site like this one, it does indicate that a prescription will be required.

http://www.petfooddirect.com/Product...anned-Cat-Food
Old Oct 26th 2011, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the amazon suggestion
Old Oct 27th 2011, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Havnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phil999
Hi All

So I am back looking for more guidance we are almost ready and fly next Friday 2 cats booked to fly with pertair and we will pick them up on the Sunday.

One of the cats has a special diet Royal Canin Urinary SO pouches and biscuits in the UK this is prescription so I assume it will be in the US as I cannot ship the food does anyone know if I could arrange some without going to a vet maybe sending a vet in advance the prescription from my UK vet with the cats history?

Failing that can anyone suggest a good vet in mission so I can get him registered when I arrive.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Phil
Hi Phil,

I just had my cat at a new vet this week and was THRILLED with them. It is Rancho Viejo Animal Hospital on Crown Valley Parkway in Ladera Ranch. My cat used to eat the Urinary SO cat food and I did notice they sell it there.

Good luck with the move
Old Oct 27th 2011, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Havnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
if you look at a pet food site like this one, it does indicate that a prescription will be required.

http://www.petfooddirect.com/Product...anned-Cat-Food
Just had a look at that site and it is more expensive than at the vet here in Mission Viejo.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 8:06 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Havnfun
Just had a look at that site and it is more expensive than at the vet here in Mission Viejo.
I was citing it not for the prices (I haven't a clue what cat food costs!), but for the confirmation that a prescription is indeed necessary for this particular food.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
I was citing it not for the prices (I haven't a clue what cat food costs!), but for the confirmation that a prescription is indeed necessary for this particular food.
I understand now

I never had a prescription for this cat food before. When we moved here I did go to one vet to buy this food but they wouldn't sell it to me without seeing our cat first. Went to another vet, registered our cat with their office and bought the food so it does depend on which vet you see.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Havnfun
I understand now

I never had a prescription for this cat food before. When we moved here I did go to one vet to buy this food but they wouldn't sell it to me without seeing our cat first. Went to another vet, registered our cat with their office and bought the food so it does depend on which vet you see.
And Amazon doesn't seem to require a prescription either ...at least no where that I could see!
Old Oct 28th 2011, 6:27 am
Just Joined

I will let you know once it arrives