Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Vet fees as bad as medical fees?

Vet fees as bad as medical fees?

Old Jul 27th 2011, 2:43 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vet fees as bad as medical fees?

Originally Posted by joto
There is a type of credit card in this area that's called Care Credit (I think), but you have to apply for it. I don't know if that will help or not.
Worth a try hey!!
Old Jul 27th 2011, 3:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derrygal
I think vet's bills are expensive here - but then it's been a long time since I lived in the UK. I have a cat - I know cat's bills are much cheaper than dogs.
Not really. Have a friend going through this now with a cat with cancer and the bills are staggering.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 5:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NSBlake
The point of a Dr and Vet is to help sick people/animals - not to earn lots of cash. If you want to do that become a banker...........
I honestly really do not understand why people get worked up over what doctors and vets or anyone makes.

Doctors and vets are well compensated because of their skills and knowledge, its not like they went to school for a few months and presto they are doctors.

If the wages for doctors was poor, I'd venture you'd find a shortage of doctors.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 6:37 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I honestly really do not understand why people get worked up over what doctors and vets or anyone makes.

Doctors and vets are well compensated because of their skills and knowledge, its not like they went to school for a few months and presto they are doctors.

If the wages for doctors was poor, I'd venture you'd find a shortage of doctors.
I think its like anything in life charge for it but don't take the Piss.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

NSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jsmth321

I have already apologised for "trolling the thread" - but I do think Doctors/Vets should do the job because they want to help sick people/animals, not for the cash. I think their salary should be reasonable, I didn't say poor.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 1:17 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I think their salary should be reasonable...
I agree... but "reasonable" by what standard? It's a rhetorical question!

Ian
Old Jul 28th 2011, 1:33 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

I have already apologised for "trolling the thread" - but I do think Doctors/Vets should do the job because they want to help sick people/animals, not for the cash.
I'm not sure that anyone would become a vet who didn't really want to help animals -- the dog bites, the cat scratches, the necessity to keep up on rabies shots, the sadness of having to tell an owner that nothing more can be done to help a beloved pet, the euthanasia of animals they've treated since they were babies. It is a hard job, physically and mentally, and I honestly can't see anyone choosing it as a profession for financial reasons.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

NSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
I'm not sure that anyone would become a vet who didn't really want to help animals -- the dog bites, the cat scratches, the necessity to keep up on rabies shots, the sadness of having to tell an owner that nothing more can be done to help a beloved pet, the euthanasia of animals they've treated since they were babies. It is a hard job, physically and mentally, and I honestly can't see anyone choosing it as a profession for financial reasons.
OK - we all have different views.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
I think that goes for a few jobs..never undestood why anyone would want to be a dentist what a nasty dirty fowl job, looking in some folks decaying smelly mouths and having to out your hands in there puke no thanks awful!!

I can think of a few other pro jobs that would be rather nasty as well...someones gotta do them!!
Old Jul 28th 2011, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I think that goes for a few jobs..never undestood why anyone would want to be a dentist what a nasty dirty fowl job, looking in some folks decaying smelly mouths and having to out your hands in there puke no thanks awful!!

I can think of a few other pro jobs that would be rather nasty as well...someones gotta do them!!

I'm so tempted to say "because they are failed Doctors.........but I won't" ;-)

I think Dentists have it pretty good - good pay, reasonable hours and its not like you are cutting people's legs off...........
Old Jul 28th 2011, 2:34 pm

I'm so tempted to say "because they are failed Doctors.........but I won't" ;-)

I think Dentists have it pretty good - good pay, reasonable hours and its not like you are cutting people's legs off...........
Yes agree on the failed Dr comment but we are not the only one's its a old saying!!........some of these cosmetic dentists earn mega bucks!!

Yes its a good job pay scale wise but the actual job its self hell no...would rather take a leg off
Old Jul 30th 2011, 1:39 am
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

...... looking in some folks decaying smelly mouths and having to out your hands in there puke no thanks awful!!
My doctor used to put his fingers in mine....yours must be pretty large to manage his hands
Old Jul 30th 2011, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by SagenOnion
My doctor used to put his fingers in mine....yours must be pretty large to manage his hands
Oh you're alive then
Old Jul 30th 2011, 1:54 am
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you're alive then
Surprisingly yes....If my family saw this thread they would probably take me to the vet to be put down. Much cheaper than human medical fees.