Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Very Disapointed

Very Disapointed

Old Sep 5th 2002, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Very Disapointed

Well my husband just called very upset, we were expecting an approval notice from MSC and found out why we havent got it yet, his congressman just called and told him they need aditional info on his background, i cant understand it cos we got an apporval on the I-130, the only thing i didnt send with the 129f that i did with the 130 was the divorce degrees and thats cos it didnt ask for them, and she also told him that the I-130 will defintely stay at the NVC 90days because of new regulations, so hes really upset and thinks this will never be over, how long after an RFE does it usually take to get back in the queue. :-(
Old Sep 5th 2002, 10:05 pm
Shannon

Default Re: Very Disapointed

Originally posted by mrsstrickland:
Well my husband just called very upset, we were expecting an approval notice from MSC and found out why we havent got it yet, his congressman just called and told him they need aditional info on his background, i cant understand it cos we got an apporval on the I-130, the only thing i didnt send with the 129f that i did with the 130 was the divorce degrees and thats cos it didnt ask for them, and she also told him that the I-130 will defintely stay at the NVC 90days because of new regulations, so hes really upset and thinks this will never be over, how long after an RFE does it usually take to get back in the queue. :-(
We received a RFE from NSC on March 19th. We responded to it within a week. Our letter of Approval for the I-130 came on July 16th. This is probably just indicative, not likely to be the same on any two cases.

Shannon

Old Sep 6th 2002, 12:30 am
Girard Bourque

That will make me mad because in the instructions #12 paragraph 2 states that you may
omit documents required in #5. I did not supply my mine either. If that is the case
I will also be pretty upset. I am going to be talking to my congressman next week
and just might bring that up and see what they have to say.

Jerry

Old Sep 6th 2002, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point

well i guess i have just got to wait on the RFE, cant do much else, i just cant understand why this has happenned, we did everything by the letter filling out the forms, sending the pictures, i even send extra G325a for the children who are under 16, but who knows how long it is gonna take, i truly hope it is weeks rather than months, or my USC will probaby travel here and wait the rest of it out with me and the children, if anyone can give their experiences of how long it took them to get back int the queue with an RFE i would much appreciate it