Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

very cheap international calls from your cell phone (not spam!)

very cheap international calls from your cell phone (not spam!)

Old Aug 17th 2006, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

angelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond repute
Default very cheap international calls from your cell phone (not spam!)

I just wondered if anyone had tried this service. You can call international from your cell phone for the cost of a local call.
I did try it once and it seemed to work pretty well.
its a little funky to setup, they text you a local number to call and one for the recipient to call you back. You just pay $1/week for the service while you use it.
I guess it just routes your call over the internet.
It's based in sweden. My friend has tried it quite a bit and despite a snafu with the billing which they sorted out very quickly it seems to work well
By the way I am in no way affiliated with this company or anything like that.. just passing on my experience for others
http://www.rebtel.com
Old Aug 18th 2006, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

John Murray will become famous soon enoughJohn Murray will become famous soon enough
Default Re: very cheap international calls from your cell phone (not spam!)

Originally Posted by angelman
I just wondered if anyone had tried this service. You can call international from your cell phone for the cost of a local call.
I did try it once and it seemed to work pretty well.
its a little funky to setup, they text you a local number to call and one for the recipient to call you back. You just pay $1/week for the service while you use it.
I guess it just routes your call over the internet.
It's based in sweden. My friend has tried it quite a bit and despite a snafu with the billing which they sorted out very quickly it seems to work well
By the way I am in no way affiliated with this company or anything like that.. just passing on my experience for others
http://www.rebtel.com
I have Gorilla mobile on my cell. It's 3c or 5c a minute to the UK, but also uses your cell phone minutes if it's not on the weekend. I use it as a backup - vobage has free calls to UK, so I mostly call "home" from home.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 1:59 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: very cheap international calls from your cell phone (not spam!)

www.jajah.com is pretty cool. You sign up and if the person you're calling at the other end is also signed up then the calls, either landline or cell, are free. Otherwise its about 2 1/2cents a minute