Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Very cheap flights home

Very cheap flights home

Old Sep 1st 2005, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

IrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant future
Default Very cheap flights home

A friend sent me this, it has some good deals.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...2/public/en_us

Her friend is a client of BA and so she was given this as part of a package. Not sure how long the deal will run.

HTH!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Very cheap flights home

Originally Posted by IrnBru

Her friend is a client of BA and so she was given this as part of a package. Not sure how long the deal will run.

HTH!

try leaving from Boston to London on 24 december.......you won't get it for the price they state
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:01 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

HTH!
Good find and could be very useful for some.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

HTH!

Thanks! I just plugged in some dates and the ticket price was as stated.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

they have blackout dates over xmas and it runs until march 31st.

actually if you look you can upgrade to world traveller plus for $50 each way and you can get that discounted rate over xmas from NYC at least.

not bad, but once new year comes you can often travel for $99 each way rather than $125. Plus I prefer Virgin and American anyway!
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Roadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to behold

I just booked a ticket on there for next month, and it worked fine. Cost is USD 517 for World Traveller Plus, return ticket. My company pays GBP 1500 for the same ticket (ex UK though)!!!!!

Looks like an absolute bargain to me. I guess for 25k miles, it is possible to upgrade to club, and get the flat bed. That ticket costs about GBP 3500!!!!

Thanks a million for posting that link, it has saved me a great deal of money.

May the karma be with you!
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

mrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant future

Great link, thanks!

Don't you have to have some connection with BA to get these rates?

At checkin, are they not going to ask for some proof of this connection?

Martin
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

Roadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mrcusa
Great link, thanks!

Don't you have to have some connection with BA to get these rates?

At checkin, are they not going to ask for some proof of this connection?

Martin
It appears not, they even say "tell your friends". So if asked, the answer is "Friend of a friend".
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

mmwong is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the link. my friend and i have already bought tickets from ba.com leaving for london from san francisco on 12/16 for 607USD per person. with your link, i was able to find 419USD with a minor change on dates of arrival/ departure. does anyone know what the penalty for cancelling/ changing my previous tickets would be? i will also look into this but want to run this by another person.

one other question, this is the first time i have bought tickets online, i usually go through an agent. does anyone know the procedure for picking up/ printing up our tickets?

thanks for all your help (and the great link). any related help would be great!

from 2 poor students traveling back for school
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

IrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant futureIrnBru has a brilliant future

Glad to help
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 6:45 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mmwong
one other question, this is the first time i have bought tickets online, i usually go through an agent. does anyone know the procedure for picking up/ printing up our tickets?

You probably have an electronic ticket (check the confirmation email). If that's the case, you never have a real (paper) "ticket". Take a printout of your confirmation (with the confirmation number), with photo ID to the check in counter and they'll give you your boarding passes.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 8:17 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mmwong
thanks for the link. my friend and i have already bought tickets from ba.com leaving for london from san francisco on 12/16 for 607USD per person. with your link, i was able to find 419USD with a minor change on dates of arrival/ departure. does anyone know what the penalty for cancelling/ changing my previous tickets would be? i will also look into this but want to run this by another person.

thanks for all your help (and the great link). any related help would be great!

from 2 poor students traveling back for school

Usually the penalty to cancel is 150 or so for international. That would kind of eat up your savings.
I am sure you have electronic tickets and you should get some kind of confo on that.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

mmwong is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks everyone,

just called ba and found out our tickets are non-refundable with no changes permitted. oh well, i will be sure to check around when flying back and forth between terms in the future.

megan
Old Sep 6th 2005, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

janj is a jewel in the roughjanj is a jewel in the roughjanj is a jewel in the roughjanj is a jewel in the roughjanj is a jewel in the rough

HTH!
Thanks! The link was still valid this morning and I used it to book two flights to the UK from Boston in January, saving around $400 on the same flights on the regular BA website.

Jan
Old Sep 7th 2005, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

silvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the rough

HTH!
dang, i would have saved $38 on the ticket i booked last week for the same
flights leaving bos/lhr in november...

if taking the day flight over it would have saved about $70
oh well...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.