Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Vermont Service Center Craziness!!

Vermont Service Center Craziness!!

Old Jul 27th 2002, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

Chappo2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vermont Service Center Craziness!!

Hey all,

I am currently in the process of renewing my PR card (I-90)... and it is taking soooo long... this is starting to get rediculous...

The ONLY documentation I have recieved... since applying is receipt notice (FD-258) saying they recieved my fees, which the notice date is: Nov. 1, 2001... I was already fingerprinted at the INS office for my I-90 application... But I understand that I should be recieving another type of reciept notice... right?

I called the Service Center in April... and they said they were so backed up... they still had another I- form.. that I needed to recieve that had the case number on it... (The notification I have has an "EAC" casenumber.. not the actual case number for my I-90).....

Anyway... it's just been such a long time... i understand that they froze all the cases for a security review... and when I checked the satus at Visapro late May they had the cases being reviewed only mid October... now I look at it and it says "Mail Room CURRENT," "DATA ENTRY 07/05/02"... can anyone tell me what that means exactly?... is this progress? A sign that the end is near? Or just simply a red herring?

I'd appreciate any help on the situation... I feel kinda lost in the system... and I'd like at least a rough timeline to expect recieving the new card... do they usually take so long? Or is it one of those post 9/11 flukes? I don't mind waiting if it's for the greater good... I just have not heard anything in an incredabley long time... and I wondered if that was normal...

Well... hope this is not too too confusing.... I appreciate any comment on the situation...

Thanks again!

Chappo2000