Reload this Page >

Veggies in the USA

Veggies in the USA

Old Jul 8th 2003, 7:06 pm
Here and Loving it

mark19964 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Veggies in the USA

Originally posted by Patrick
You will fit in well in the US, your loud, obnoxious and don't take any responsibility for your own actions. Oh, and just like Americans you claim victories when there is no victory to claim.

Permanent Status GC tells me your a pratt - what type of visa - L2, I-130 etc.

Patrick
You asked nicely even though you can't spell Prat, as you spelt it as in Pratt and Whitney, so I wont take offense.

My visa is I-551 class CR/1 stamped at Seatac Airport, Nov 02 1993. And no Im not giving you my "A" Number.

Tally Ho, And gooday to you Ranjini, yes he just might grow on me. I remembered the name of that film, it was "Grumpy old men"

Mark
Old Jul 8th 2003, 7:17 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by mark19964
You asked nicely even though you can't spell Prat, as you spelt it as in Pratt and Whitney, so I wont take offense.

My visa is I-551 class CR/1 stamped at Seatac Airport, Nov 02 1993. And no Im not giving you my "A" Number.

Tally Ho, And gooday to you Ranjini, yes he just might grow on me. I remembered the name of that film, it was "Grumpy old men"
Mark
CR/1 means you were a conditional resident back in 1993. It also means that it would have expired in 1995 unless you had conditions removed. I don't understand
Old Jul 8th 2003, 7:26 pm
Here and Loving it

Originally posted by Ranjini
CR/1 means you were a conditional resident back in 1993. It also means that it would have expired in 1995 unless you had conditions removed. I don't understand
No probs,
I had to re-apply and was approved in April this year, and have kept my original SSN and "A" number, which was ok with the authorities at the embassy and INS.
where I work also helps, Central government and I wont say anymore, except I'll be Landing back in 6 weeks.

Regards - Mark
Old Jul 8th 2003, 8:23 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

No probs,
I had to re-apply and was approved in April this year, and have kept my original SSN and "A" number, which was ok with the authorities at the embassy and INS.
where I work also helps, Central government and I wont say anymore, except I'll be Landing back in 6 weeks.

Regards - Mark

And then you will have conditional residency as of 2003, I think? I can tell you are looking forward to coming back. There is much that is good about the US. I always look at the glass half full Needless to say nothing is perfect....
Old Jul 10th 2003, 2:51 am
Doseymoo

I'm a lifelong US resident and I most certainly agree that vegetarianism is not as popular here in the US as it is in the UK. I'm vegetarian (vegan for all intents and purposes) and rarely dine in restaurants because, as already mentioned in this thread, there simply are so few veg selections on most menus, particularly in small town New England.

I believe one possible reason why flesh consumption remains popular is that many Americans are simply unaware of not only the health benefits of a veg diet, but also the horrors associated with factory farming. For example, I was completely ignorant in this regard up until about six years ago, so I can empathize with those who've yet to see the benefits of the vegetarian lifestyle.:lecture:

My husband is a UK citizen and vegetarian who is now with me in the US (just about to "adjust status" after our recent wedding), and if anyone has any favorite vegetarian curry recipes to share I would be very grateful!! My husband tells me curry is very popular in the UK and I'd like to surprise him one day.

Incidentally, Stop & Shop (grocery store in CT) has a wide selection of vegetarian foods, including Quorn, but not the fillets... "Gimme Lean" is probably one of my favorite soy products... Makes absolutely wonderful "meatballs", for quick & easy preparation of spaghetti & meatballs. I simply sauté onion, add some basil, oregano, pepper (or italian seasoning), a tsp or so of vegetable oil, mix together with gimme lean, shape into meatballs and fry in oil. Voila! Simple as can be.

Old Jul 10th 2003, 9:26 am
Here and Loving it

Originally posted by Ranjini
And then you will have conditional residency as of 2003, I think? I can tell you are looking forward to coming back. There is much that is good about the US. I always look at the glass half full Needless to say nothing is perfect....
My sentiments excatly ( Am I spelling this word rightly !!), yes but always with a positive attitude, thats one thing the US taught me last time around.
Sometimes there enthuasiasm (doh), gets the better of them to the point of wretching, but I learned to live with it, and was surprised on a recent trip at them begining to recognise dry humour at last - hooray.

Regards - Mark
Old Jul 11th 2003, 2:39 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Patrick
..... Permanent Status GC tells me your a pratt - ..... Patrick
You asked nicely even though you can't spell Prat, as you spelt it as in Pratt and Whitney, so I wont take offense. ....
He can't spell "you're" either!