Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Valentine's Day is a few days away...

Valentine's Day is a few days away...

Old Jan 30th 2006, 4:59 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: Valentine's Day is a few days away...

Originally Posted by TruBrit
ahh shame vic, if you were close you could join my man and me...not the same but you'd be welcome
Now watch Rushman et al. come along in a minute or two....
Old Jan 30th 2006, 5:03 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by izibear
Now watch Rushman et al. come along in a minute or two....

lol yeah i left myself open to that one...well y'all are welcome the more the merrier..
Old Jan 30th 2006, 10:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
Bastards .... she wants a video camera ... ..but prefers our own bed ....

see ....knew she'd like a pressie
Old Jan 30th 2006, 10:34 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

see ....knew she'd like a pressie
I just fell out with you ....
Old Jan 30th 2006, 10:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
I just fell out with you ....

lurveee you tooo
Old Jan 30th 2006, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

elaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Bastards .... she wants a video camera ... ..but prefers our own bed ....
video camera...your own bed ....dont tell me im the only one who thought .....
Old Jan 30th 2006, 3:08 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elaineKB
No!!!!!!!! we use the web cam for that ..
Old Jan 31st 2006, 1:52 am
Account Closed

lol i thought the same elaine but you got in first...cheers
Old Jan 31st 2006, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

elaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond repute

lol i thought the same elaine but you got in first...cheers
Great British minds think alike !!
Old Jan 31st 2006, 2:02 am
Account Closed

Great British minds think alike !!

and have a nice day lol hope this forum brighten up...
Old Jan 31st 2006, 2:37 am

cuckoofrommars is an unknown quantity at this point

This is the first year that I've been sickened by the idea of Valentines Day. The wife and I don't normally buy each other anything much but it's usually a good excuse to eat something expensive. But this year the local grocery store had Valentines stuff out IN DECEMBER. For the first time i really felt like I was being taken for a ride. So stuff it.

And as my wife says - "I don't need to be romantic. I'm married to someone who couldn't do any better."
Old Jan 31st 2006, 2:39 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I would just like to *see* my husband on Valentine's Day.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 2:49 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Valentine's Day is a few days away...

We've never bothered with Valentine's Day either...I've always considered it a Hallmark holiday as an excuse for vendors to profiteer.

I'm pretty lucky in that my husband does nice romantic gestures things from time to time out of the blue and it's much nicer than anything he would do on Valentine's Day just because the retail industry has dictated it ....sometimes he will go to one of the shops in NYC and buy me an Aero or Lion bar and I really appreciate his thoughtfulness....we've been together for over 20 years and our relationship is still fresh.

A couple of weeks ago he sent a bouquet of flowers to me as he was away on a long business trip. For Christmas I opened a card from him and as a surprise gift he'd printed off the booking for air tickets, hotel and a Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas...we're going there for a long weekend in late February.

On the other hand I like to surprise him too....for instance just before Christmas we got bored of Christmas shopping so on the spur of the moment I suggested that we check in to a motel for a few hours of 'afternoon delight'. He was up for it so we did take a room and we really enjoyed ourselves.....
Old Jan 31st 2006, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

Ha ha!
Fantastic - good for you two
Old Jan 31st 2006, 4:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Englishmum

....we've been together for over 20 years and our relationship is still fresh.

and a Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas...we're going there for a long weekend in late February.

On the other hand I like to surprise him too....for instance just before Christmas we got bored of Christmas shopping so on the spur of the moment I suggested that we check in to a motel for a few hours of 'afternoon delight'. He was up for it so we did take a room and we really enjoyed ourselves.....
good for you, yep we've been together over 20 yrs and still do romantic things for each other throughout the whole year but still like to participate in the fun that Feb 14 brings or can bring. I think coz we travel a lot we enjoy our times together, ....he is the only reason i'm hanging on in this place. hope you enjoy the show in vegas we saw it a couple of yrs ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.