Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Vacation where should I go.

Vacation where should I go.

Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Lamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Vacation where should I go.

Ok, I am new to this and could do with some suggsetions if you dont mind.

I have about a weeks holiday to use up in April (after Easter) and really need to get away from the cold and snow. We are really keen on crossing over to the States to sightsee, relax and fel some warmth. The only restriction is that we will be travelling with an 8 month old. Flying is not a problem, but dont want to spend hours in a car or a coach and possibly somewhere where its not unbearably hot.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 1:03 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vacation where should I go.

Originally Posted by Lamin View Post

I have about a weeks holiday to use up in April (after Easter) and really need to get away from the cold and snow. We are really keen on crossing over to the States to sightsee, relax and fel some warmth. The only restriction is that we will be travelling with an 8 month old. Flying is not a problem, but dont want to spend hours in a car or a coach and possibly somewhere where its not unbearably hot.

You're in Canada I take it from your "crossing over to the States". You only have a week and driving somewhere that is warm is going to take you at least 2 days of heavy driving each way unless you happen to be on the west coast of the continent.

If you are going to fly you can head to: San Diego, California; Florida; Arizona; Vegas or Reno, Nevada. Lots of nice places to visit for a week or head to the Caribbean or go to Cuba. Can't think of any place in the States that is unbearably hot in April.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

keira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond repute

You don't want to spend hours in a car where it's NOT unbearably hot? Looks like you need to head to Arizona then....
Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:23 pm
Knight Templar

tomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant future

I would go to the Yucatan, Mexico. Should be good over Semana Santa.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Highlighted points are mutually exclusive, I'm afraid! I'd stay at home.....
Old Mar 26th 2009, 12:19 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

There's another thread on holidays at the moment that has quite a few recommendations so that might be worth a peek...
Old Mar 26th 2009, 1:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

I would recommend Hilton Head, South Carolina.