Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Vacation ideas in the US?

Wikiposts

Vacation ideas in the US?

Old Aug 4th 2007, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vacation ideas in the US?

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
My inlaws spend their summers living on their boat along the northern coast of the Olympic Peninsula, ( the marina in the pics is their "home" berth) I know they went to Victoria last week but I'm not sure what they had to do.

Everything there is so beautiful, coming from the oak forests and flatland of the Midwest I was in awe. I hope you like the pics, I didn't resize 'em so they took 40min to upload, :curse: dial up!
OMG - 40 minutes to upload? They are beautiful - thankyou! I'll send you karma if it lets me.

I just found 2 tickets to Portland Oregon for $393 including taxes roundtrip - not bad at all. Seattle seems harder to find - but I know they aren't far apart.
Old Aug 4th 2007, 4:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Kauai
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/6...tnapalitd5.jpg
Na Pali and Waimea Canyon are some of the greatest hiking areas anywhere.
Hiro - Kauai is my favorite of the islands as well - good choice!
Old Aug 5th 2007, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well thanks for all of the great ideas everyone. Oregon it is. Now I just have some studying to do to figure out where to go, stay, what to see, etc. Should be a great time.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 12:40 pm

special ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
how about the Seattle to SF road trip?

kind of depends whether you are a countryside & hiking crew or a City entertainments bunch
I'd definitely recommend some time in SF - won't be horribly hot in Sept , nice place to stay but you'd be struggling to find 10 days worth of things to do unless you're prepared to drive further a field on some days
Old Aug 5th 2007, 12:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJ2007
Well thanks for all of the great ideas everyone. Oregon it is. Now I just have some studying to do to figure out where to go, stay, what to see, etc. Should be a great time.
Have a great time - and keep us posted with itinerary and pics!
Old Aug 5th 2007, 12:41 pm

special ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to all

Originally Posted by KJ2007
Was going to Oregon with the family this August but we couldn't find places to stay for some reason, so going to Utah (in August - oops, it'll be hot). I'd be interested to know what you think of Oregon if you go as I'd like to see that part of the US
Old Aug 5th 2007, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by special ed
Was going to Oregon with the family this August but we couldn't find places to stay for some reason, so going to Utah (in August - oops, it'll be hot). I'd be interested to know what you think of Oregon if you go as I'd like to see that part of the US
Will be sure to let you know! Actually - I think there will be far more things to in Oregon than we'll have time for. We'll spend 1 day getting there and 1 day getting home (rather long flight) so we'll really have 7 full days there. I think we'll want to spend 2 or so in Portland, and will likely focus on the coast the rest of the time.

Possibilties include: beachcombing, whale watching (though not the best time of year), visiting a cave with lots of sea lions?, white water rafting, poking around various towns, etc. Plus the Lewis & Clark expedition ended there, so there's a lot of history around that as well. I also wouldn't mind seeing the California Redwoods which are literally just over the border. We'll see.

And I'm just getting started.

Utah should be beautiful Ed. The national parks are supposed to be breathtaking.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 1:13 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by special ed
I'd definitely recommend some time in SF - won't be horribly hot in Sept , nice place to stay but you'd be struggling to find 10 days worth of things to do unless you're prepared to drive further a field on some days
SF isn't horribly hot any time of the year

if you had 10 days in SF you'd probably want to head to Yosemite for a couple, down to Santa Cruz/Monterey for one or two plus some days trips into Marin, Sonoma, Napa
Old Aug 6th 2007, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Dont forget to visit crater lake.

Last edited by Adnams; Aug 6th 2007 at 3:52 am. Reason: typo
Old Aug 6th 2007, 4:13 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Bite the bullet. Go hiking along the Appalachian Trail. Just watch out for the bears.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 5:15 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
Bite the bullet. Go hiking along the Appalachian Trail. Just watch out for the bears.
and stock up on deet, mozzies, they are monsters out there