Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Utterly greedy f**kers??

Utterly greedy f**kers??

Old Dec 2nd 2012, 5:51 pm
Banned

JRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to all
Default Re: Utterly greedy f**kers??

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
Interesting perspective in this article, on tax breaks given by local governments to businesses in order to attract/keep those businesses. It seems the cost to local tax payers is $80Bn annually, the benefit in return being very questionable.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/02/us...ations.html?hp

I have no problem with businesses seeking good terms. I have a problem with local government officials not requiring anything concrete in return as an absolute minimum. I have a problem with officials who are in elected office for less than say, 6 years, accepting liabilities that may not kick in for 10+ years, without consequence. And I have a problem with the negotiations for these being effectively kept away from the public, who in the end are paying for them, on the grounds of commercial confidence (not letting competitors know the details etc).
I agree with Donald J Hill Jnr; tax money needs to be put into education, not businesses.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

It's not just 1 or 2 corporate leaches - there's a whole industry sector full of them.

Scumbags? They're not worthy of even that label...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...p_ref=business
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

And perhaps a wrinkle on the Dems side? If true I am thoroughly disgusted...

Old Dec 2nd 2012, 8:57 pm
Banned

Ethelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond repute

It's not just 1 or 2 corporate leaches - there's a whole industry sector full of them.

Scumbags? They're not worthy of even that label...

But like good drones, we should simply bow to and be grateful to our corporate overlords for being kind enough to provide us with jobs. Isn't that how it works?
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 9:02 pm
Banned

JRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ethelred_the_Unready
But like good drones, we should simply bow to and be grateful to our corporate overlords for being kind enough to provide us with jobs. Isn't that how it works?
Shuttup and drink the free booze I've kindly provided for the office Xmas party, pleb!
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Some on this thread have suggested my initial posting was about jealousy.

It wasn't.

But this next bit, in part, is...

Being able to arrange my finances so that my net disposable income is bigger than it currently is, just like Starbucks and others do... I would like to do that... A lot. So I guess that is jealousy...

I'm also very peeved that this is happening...

Old Dec 2nd 2012, 9:21 pm
Banned

Ethelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JRG67
Shuttup and drink the free booze I've kindly provided for the office Xmas party, pleb!
Oh yes, after you cut my pay and slashed my benefits....further damage to my liver would not be advisable.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 9:42 pm
Banned

It wasn't.

Being able to arrange my finances so that my net disposable income is bigger than it currently is, just like Starbucks and others do... I would like to do that... A lot. So I guess that is jealousy...

Just do what the British aristocracy has been doing for years- marry an American Heiress (haven't you learnt ANYTHING from Downton Abbey??)!
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 9:44 pm
Banned

Oh yes, after you cut my pay and slashed my benefits....further damage to my liver would not be advisable.
Hopefully, you'll die from alcohol poisoning and then I won't have to pay your hospital bill!
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 9:45 pm
Banned

It wasn't.

Starbucks must have the same spin doctor as Tony (Blair)!
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 9:50 pm
Banned

Hopefully, you'll die from alcohol poisoning and then I won't have to pay your hospital bill!
You'd make a fantastic CEO with that attitude!
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 9:52 pm
Banned

You'd make a fantastic CEO with that attitude!
What makes you think I'm not???
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 9:58 pm
Banned

What makes you think I'm not???
Your sense of humour (as in you have one) and your appreciation of nonsensical things such as culture. I dunno....
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Your sense of humour (as in you have one) and your appreciation of nonsensical things such as culture. I dunno....
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 11:00 pm
Banned

Hey guys, it's lonely at the top! Us CEOs get a bad rap you know...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.