Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Utterly greedy f**kers??

Utterly greedy f**kers??

Old Nov 29th 2012, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Utterly greedy f**kers??

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
A question for you Harry. If you were running Morgan Stanley, would you say, "Oops I'm being a greedy bastard, please stop giving me this perk"?
As has already been stated in recent public hearings "we're not suggesting you did anything illegal, rather, we are suggesting you did something immoral..."

I have no issue with Morgan Stanley looking out for it's shareholders. It has a legal duty to do so under the laws of quite a few countries.

My issue is e morality of holding out for a tax break only about a dozen organisations have access to, a tax break that is arguably 'iffy' in terms of the value to society... whilst also suggesting the deficit be largely, if not singularly, plugged by the 99%.

And doing so with a genuinely sincere and straight face.

I know nobody said life had to be fair... Any more than a very few should get special treatment just 'because'...
Old Nov 29th 2012, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markwm
You sound jealous.

Besides, it's not the banks, it's the law. Change the law to deal with this. After all, I'm sure you only pay the taxes you have to and don't willingly hand over any more than the law requires you to.
I'm not even close to being jealous.

I'm fcking livid by the 'morality' of it all.

I have no problem using public services, or paying for them.

I would LOVE to be in a position where I am paying top rate tax.

Besides, isn't paying for something that you have to pay for, be it for legal reasons or practical reasons a tax in practice? Isn't for example 'deductible' healthcare costs a tax on the sick, here in the US (I refer to the portion the individual has to pay, even if they are insured)?
Old Nov 29th 2012, 11:14 pm
Banned

Ethelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond repute

You sound jealous.

Besides, it's not the banks, it's the law. Change the law to deal with this. After all, I'm sure you only pay the taxes you have to and don't willingly hand over any more than the law requires you to.
Jealous of what? Greedy, money grabbing, parasitic wankstains? I don't get that impression from the OP and personally, I would rather be dirt poor than one of them. As bat shit crazy as I am, I have morals.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 11:15 pm
Banned

Ethelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond reputeEthelred_the_Unready has a reputation beyond repute

markwm, does thou enjoy bagging tea leaves?
Old Nov 29th 2012, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

markwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ethelred_the_Unready
markwm, does thou enjoy bagging tea leaves?
I see your child-like debating skills emanate from your arse, where your nugget of a brain is undoubtedly seated.

Morality is not the issue here: and I'm not condoning what they do; merely stating the facts and the facts are that they stay within the law and, therefore, are doing nothing illegal.

It doesn't matter if it is immoral (by whose standard?) or unethical (again, by what measure?) - if the law allows it, they are not doing anything wrong.

Should they pay more tax? Of course. Will they? Not if the law allows them not to. If you are so offended by this campaign for a change in the law.

In any case, you can be as ignorant as you like: doesn't change the facts, which, by your manner, you are too dull to comprehend.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 11:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I see your child-like debating skills emanate from your arse, where your nugget of a brain is undoubtedly seated.

Morality is not the issue here: and I'm not condoning what they do; merely stating the facts and the facts are that they stay within the law and, therefore, are doing nothing illegal.

It doesn't matter if it is immoral (by whose standard?) or unethical (again, by what measure?) - if the law allows it, they are not doing anything wrong.

Should they pay more tax? Of course. Will they? Not if the law allows them not to. If you are so offended by this campaign for a change in the law.

In any case, you can be as ignorant as you like: doesn't change the facts, which, by your manner, you are too dull to comprehend.
They get away with it because people stick up for them - I cannot personally understand why, and I think that's what Ethelred's getting at.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 11:39 pm
Banned

You right-whingers have zero sense of humor. "He told a joke, OMG he told a joke!".

I think you've just described yourself though - dull, humourless, vapid.

The law here in the US being based on morals? Give me a break! The law allows a lot of things that are morally wrong, but you're too much of a prick with his head up his own pompous arse to realise it. If you are wealthy enough, why ask for more? That is my point, especially when so many people are suffering.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

markwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud of

You right-whingers have zero sense of humor. "He told a joke, OMG he told a joke!".

I think you've just described yourself though - dull, humourless, vapid.

The law here in the US being based on morals? Give me a break! The law allows a lot of things that are morally wrong, but you're too much of a prick with his head up his own pompous arse to realise it. If you are wealthy enough, why ask for more? That is my point, especially when so many people are suffering.
You know nothing about me, other than your own silly assumptions. If you read what I wrote instead of reacting to it you might have understood. You have, plainly, no understanding of the real world - if you don't like the law, campaign to change it rather than railing against those who remain within it.

Ranting and swearing at me just makes you look ignorant and foolish. Good luck with that.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

You know nothing about me, other than your own silly assumptions. If you read what I wrote instead of reacting to it you might have understood. You have, plainly, no understanding of the real world - if you don't like the law, campaign to change it rather than railing against those who remain within it.

Ranting and swearing at me just makes you look ignorant and foolish. Good luck with that.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 12:41 am
Banned

I read what you wrote. I got bored after the first sentence. Perhaps you'd find more solace in the Fox News forums?

And all this coming from a guy who accused the OP of jealousy.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

I read what you wrote. I got bored after the first sentence. Perhaps you'd find more solace in the Fox News forums?

And all this coming from a guy who accused the OP of jealousy.
After the first sentence? You have the attention span of a gnat. Again, read what I wrote, properly, like a real grown up would.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 1:25 am
Banned

JRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to all

After the first sentence? You have the attention span of a gnat. Again, read what I wrote, properly, like a real grown up would.
Whatever.
Who makes the laws of the land? Do you think the little people do with petitions and the such like??? C'mon Give me a break!
Old Nov 30th 2012, 1:34 am
Banned

I read it. I just pointed out that it was boring and Fox News-ish. I also questioned why you accused the OP of jealousy with your snarky post. Your failure to respond speaks volumes.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 1:41 am
Banned

Originally Posted by JRG67
Whatever.
Who makes the laws of the land? Do you think the little people do with petitions and the such like??? C'mon Give me a break!
Exactly. Just because the law in this particular country allows for excessive greed, it doesn't mean such things are moral.
Old Nov 30th 2012, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

I read it. I just pointed out that it was boring and Fox News-ish. I also questioned why you accused the OP of jealousy with your snarky post. Your failure to respond speaks volumes.
Your failure to comprehend is amusing, your assumptions are telling and your attitude is childish. Have a nice day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.