Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Utility Bills in Florida

Utility Bills in Florida

Old Mar 21st 2008, 6:54 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Utility Bills in Florida

Originally Posted by Elvira

I had to reread that.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 8:04 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by callowman
the electric companies here rip you off and you have no say- you pay taxes on all your bills, and they plump on stuff like "customer charge" etc.

NEVER let them just take the money out of your bank-big NO NO.
lol, you really have a thing with the electric companies worldwide!

But what is the deal about the DD? I see this warning a lot, and while I agree that certain types of contracts have been problematic for people (like gyms and tanning salons) why not the utilities? I've lived in this house for 15 years and I've had the same damn power company for almost all of my adult life, I get my bill and they don't take more than what the bill says.. what is the big dealio?
Old Mar 21st 2008, 8:08 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
lol, you really have a thing with the electric companies worldwide!

But what is the deal about the DD? I see this warning a lot, and while I agree that certain types of contracts have been problematic for people (like gyms and tanning salons) why not the utilities? I've lived in this house for 15 years and I've had the same damn power company for almost all of my adult life, I get my bill and they don't take more than what the bill says.. what is the big dealio?
My son signed one of these things with T-Mobil, and it took over 6 months to get back the month's premium they collected 'by mistake' after he cancelled the contract...

In the UK, we would have cancelled the DD at our end - end of story.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 8:29 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
My son signed one of these things with T-Mobil, and it took over 6 months to get back the month's premium they collected 'by mistake' after he cancelled the contract...

In the UK, we would have cancelled the DD at our end - end of story.
mmmm, mobile phone cos don't count as utilities to me; they're down there with gyms and tanning salons ethics-wise.
I run most of my standing order type deals through the credit card so I can earn the miles, anyway.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 8:32 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
mmmm, mobile phone cos don't count as utilities to me; they're down there with gyms and tanning salons ethics-wise.
I run most of my standing order type deals through the credit card so I can earn the miles, anyway.
The big problem usually is that the you cannot end the payments
the recipients has too ... immediately or in the US case ..eventually ...