Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Utility bills - bitch and moan...

Utility bills - bitch and moan...

Old Jan 25th 2006, 1:58 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Utility bills - bitch and moan...

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
what is it with you an baths?? and stay away from your son...do you want him to be the smelly kid at school?? ( hows about you jump in his bath water and just top it off...you ARE the dad after all )
1. He's my step-son
2. He's 12
3. Would you want to share a bath with his smeg?.......didn't think so
Old Jan 25th 2006, 3:10 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

( hows about you jump in his bath water and just top it off...you ARE the dad after all )
You possibly arent aware what 12 year old boys do in the bath.. suffice to say, dont use their bath water.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yosser
Get with the bloody programme Celsius....

It isn't me, the wife, kids or what bloody shaped windows I have, its the ATMOS and RELIANT energy that are bending me over and shafting me up the chocolate starfish...

The house is 3 years old when I first moved in the gas bill was $25 in December, last month it was $225...ATMOS the thieving bastards hike the gas up so next quarter they can tell me that ATMOS made an extra $300 billion.

ATMOS also has the monopoly (formerly known as TXU gas) there is no-one else to buy from....basically no pay - no gas for 'el Yosser's hot bath after working my bollocks off all day!
If you think the fact that your house is only three years old is reassurance that the home is well insulated, think again. It's my belief that new constructions (anything less than 10 years old) are generally more shoddy than older homes when they were of that age...

If you think that your utility company is shafting you, you could move county/state where they don't have a monopoly.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 3:58 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius
If you think the fact that your house is only three years old is reassurance that the home is well insulated, think again. It's my belief that new constructions (anything less than 10 years old) are generally more shoddy than older homes when they were of that age...

If you think that your utility company is shafting you, you could move county/state where they don't have a monopoly.
Do you work for Atmos by any chance?
Old Jan 25th 2006, 4:26 pm
Never right in the head!

O.K lets get some facts out there so that it doesn't confuse the simpletons amongst us.

We had/are having a VERY mild winter here in Dallas. Starts of chilly (38 deg or so, then warms up to 60/70 deg). NO NEED FOR HEATING.

Sunday morning I put the heater on when I first woke up for about 30 mins to take the chill out of the air. We have a small house so it actually heats up very quickly. I know I have excellent insulation in the Attic and walls...how do I know that, because my arse has been up there, I have been up there MANY times to fish (tech term) wires and cables for extra phone lines, outlets, satellite etc. so I have seen it with my own eyes.

Sunday was the only time this month that I have had the heat on and that was for 30 measly minutes.

I am very energy minded, with water and electricity, I have even installed cost efficient flush systems in the crappers, heat jacket around the boiler, anyone in my house leaves a light on for no reason gets a bollocking.

BUT when energy companies just hike up the per kilowatt per hour etc for Fack all reason but to line their pockets it pisses me off and in DFW were not talking about a few extra bob, were talking double, triple than last year....It just ain't right.
No-one is home all day. I take more showers than baths, my kids are timed so that they don't run the hot water needlessly!

Its an insult...bit like when maggie wanted to charge the "poll tax".
Old Jan 25th 2006, 4:28 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

O.K lets get some facts out there so that it doesn't confuse the simpletons amongst us.

We had/are having a VERY mild winter here in Dallas. Starts of chilly (38 deg or so, then warms up to 60/70 deg). NO NEED FOR HEATING.

Sunday morning I put the heater on when I first woke up for about 30 mins to take the chill out of the air. We have a small house so it actually heats up very quickly. I know I have excellent insulation in the Attic and walls...how do I know that, because my arse has been up there, I have been up there MANY times to fish (tech term) wires and cables for extra phone lines, outlets, satellite etc. so I have seen it with my own eyes.

Sunday was the only time this month that I have had the heat on and that was for 30 measly minutes.

I am very energy minded, with water and electricity, I have even installed cost efficient flush systems in the crappers, heat jacket around the boiler, anyone in my house leaves a light on for no reason gets a bollocking.

BUT when energy companies just hike up the per kilowatt per hour etc for Fack all reason but to line their pockets it pisses me off and in DFW were not talking about a few extra bob, were talking double, triple than last year....It just ain't right.
No-one is home all day. I take more showers than baths, my kids are timed so that they don't run the hot water needlessly!

Holy crap, it's not even that cold here & I still have the heating on all day!!!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 4:34 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

You live in texas, you pay no state tax, now let this go
Old Jan 25th 2006, 4:35 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

<snip>
have you tried anger management..you sound like a tyrant :scared:

do what the rest of us do..eat out when you can afford it and lube up cos there's probably nothing you can do about your energy bill....p.s calling us simpletons won't help...believe me I've tried it
Old Jan 25th 2006, 4:47 pm
Never right in the head!

have you tried anger management..you sound like a tyrant :scared:

do what the rest of us do..eat out when you can afford it and lube up cos there's probably nothing you can do about your energy bill....p.s calling us simpletons won't help...believe me I've tried it
whats anger management got to with it? nothing wrong having some discipline
Old Jan 25th 2006, 5:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Utility bills - bitch and moan...

whats anger management got to with it? nothing wrong having some discipline

Oooooohhhhh yeahh whip me whip me harder harder!!!

Sorry, couldnt resist
Old Jan 25th 2006, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

... and how's bitching about the cost of bills actually gonna help you lower 'em?
Old Jan 25th 2006, 5:55 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius
... and how's bitching about the cost of bills actually gonna help you lower 'em?
Everyone needs to vent now & then. He's venting now & he was venting then too!!!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 6:18 pm
Never right in the head!

Originally Posted by Partystar
Everyone needs to vent now & then. He's venting now & he was venting then too!!!
Exactamundo...its like laying in bed all week, but can't play with your peter!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

My bill has gone right up as well. I actually used a lot more gas last year at this point as it was much colder but I'm paying a lot more this year, I think the most recent bill was $229 for gas. They ran a news story on Atmos a while back saying that they were warning customers the bills would go up between 60 and 90%. Atmos story on NBC5

Last night though on the local news, I think it was NBC5, they said that the bills would be going back down a bit, 36% according to this story.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
You live in texas, you pay no state tax, now let this go

What flavour bull shit is that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.