Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

USPS Shipping in time for Christmas 2011!

USPS Shipping in time for Christmas 2011!

Old Dec 9th 2011, 4:44 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USPS Shipping in time for Christmas 2011!

Originally Posted by SarahG
I thought regular airmail but looking at the receipt it says Priority on it. Would that be because I used one of their flat rate boxes do you think? All the cards etc I am sending seem to be arriving in about a week. Mailed a friend a card with a fridge magnet in it, as she wanted one from Canada when I went there last month, on Thursday last week and it arrived today too.
I think there is a priority flat rate box, so maybe that's what you got.

Normal 1st class usually takes about a week to go (to and from), parcels can be a bit more variable in my experience.
Old Dec 10th 2011, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

I mailed my big box of stuff off to the family yesterday, thinking it was the deadline. The post office lady said that they've extended the deadline till today (the 10th) in case anyone needs to know.
Old Dec 10th 2011, 3:28 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan Alaska
Not only have they put the prices up but the flat rate boxes are smaller. I have one I received a couple of years ago and its huge by comparison to the large size boxes now.

Just sent a 17x17 box to the grandudes ... $58 :\ Dread to think what the smaller parcels to the UK are going to cost. The guy at the post office said if I get them off by the end of this week they should be there in time for Christmas ... should ... hmmmzz
You know I thought I was imagining things. I had a medium flat rate box in the closet from over a year ago, unused. So I used it last week and it's nearly as big as a large flat rate is now. Weird! the small got smaller too.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 1:57 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
You know I thought I was imagining things. I had a medium flat rate box in the closet from over a year ago, unused. So I used it last week and it's nearly as big as a large flat rate is now. Weird! the small got smaller too.
The missus found one from years back, was something like $5 to send to the UK and as big as the large one almost....very cheeky
Old Dec 13th 2011, 10:24 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

I just sent a box, not sure it will get there before xmas, I doubt it.

They have completely changed the way things are sent since last year, a lot more forms to fill out

Also yesterday I got one from England that took 8 days, and that was guaranteed in 10, so that's nice.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

StephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud of

Anyone has any issues?

I mailed an item on the 10th of December via First Class Airmail, it's still not there. Will be 4 weeks on Saturday.

My Christmas Cards took almost 3 weeks to get there also.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 11:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

My mother still hasn't gotten her package yet either, but then only sent it a week before Christmas, but it was meant more in time for New Years, as she isn't big into Christmas.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

I mailed some things to my parents, in-laws and brother on Dec 6 by 1st Class Airmail and it is still not there. Pissed off about it as they can't easily be replaced! Hopefully they will all turn up soon.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 12:41 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by SarahG
I mailed some things to my parents, in-laws and brother on Dec 6 by 1st Class Airmail and it is still not there. Pissed off about it as they can't easily be replaced! Hopefully they will all turn up soon.
Yeah, we'd be a bit pissed off as well as everything we sent was hand made, the missus even spun the yarn for a scarf as well as some footprint butterfly pics we made with the girls.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 3:30 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StephieFaith83
Anyone has any issues?

I mailed an item on the 10th of December via First Class Airmail, it's still not there. Will be 4 weeks on Saturday.

My Christmas Cards took almost 3 weeks to get there also.
Not quite as bad as yours, I mailed my box of presents on the 8th and it didn't get to my mum's house until the 28th. It cleared customs on the 23rd but didn't make it to Belfast on time for the last post, it would seem.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:33 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

All mine got there on time.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:35 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
All mine got there on time.
When did you send them out? I suspect it is customs that is the variable, some packages just take longer to clear.

Next year, I think we'll send ours in November
Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:38 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
When did you send them out? I suspect it is customs that is the variable, some packages just take longer to clear.

Next year, I think we'll send ours in November
On the 13th. I think I sent it regular priority.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:43 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
On the 13th. I think I sent it regular priority.
Has to be customs then - or the extra hop across the water for my package to get to NI. I sent mine 5 days earlier, but the same class of mail.

Oh well, lesson learned ...
Old Jan 5th 2012, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

I sent various packages to both London and NI on the Monday before Xmas. London ones got there on Xmas eve so I was well impressed. The others got them on the first delivery after Xmas so not too bad. The only thing I didn't like was that my brother is being charged Import tax.

I looked it up and thought that if no gift was over 40GBP for one person then it was allowable.

Turning out to be an expensive gift! Just as well the gifts are worth more than the 20GBP plus I think my brother is looking forward to getting the denim jacket embroidered with Yoda and "Strong with the Force I Am" on the back for his 1 yr old!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.