USPS

Old Feb 17th 2011, 2:04 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USPS

Originally Posted by British Consul
Really?
Unfortunately, yes.

I'm on the way to the airport now (domestic, no embassies involved ) but will PM you when I get back.

Meantime if you want to search my name and embassy you will probably find threads a couple of years old with experience of Washington Embassy on Passports/Helplines, and Singapore Embassy on injured and dead Brits. The former was just a bureaucratic pain the ar$e, the latter was truly disgraceful.

Suffice to say that as a dual nationality family, if we every got in trouble overseas such that we needed help from an embassy, then given the choice, our first call would always be to the US embassy rather than the British. If you check my posts, I'm not one of these "hate britain and everything to do with it" types - I just feel that on this particular subject, the US Embassies that we have encountered have been more efficient, focussed and professional than their British Counterparts.

Like I say, when I get back I would be very happy to talk in detail off thread if you want to.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 2:22 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Why would Royal Mail be involved in sending a package from North Carolina to Washing DC? Does the British embassy send applications to the UK for processing?

Because I didn't have enough caffine and thought she sent it to the US Consulate.

Old Feb 17th 2011, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Chrissey will become famous soon enough

you need more caffine, it was sent from SC not NC
Old Feb 17th 2011, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chrissey
you need more caffine, it was sent from SC not NC
It's the same thing
Old Feb 20th 2011, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

British Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: USPS

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Unfortunately, yes.

I'm on the way to the airport now (domestic, no embassies involved ) but will PM you when I get back.

Meantime if you want to search my name and embassy you will probably find threads a couple of years old with experience of Washington Embassy on Passports/Helplines, and Singapore Embassy on injured and dead Brits. The former was just a bureaucratic pain the ar$e, the latter was truly disgraceful.

Suffice to say that as a dual nationality family, if we every got in trouble overseas such that we needed help from an embassy, then given the choice, our first call would always be to the US embassy rather than the British. If you check my posts, I'm not one of these "hate britain and everything to do with it" types - I just feel that on this particular subject, the US Embassies that we have encountered have been more efficient, focussed and professional than their British Counterparts.

Like I say, when I get back I would be very happy to talk in detail off thread if you want to.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Dean
Old Feb 20th 2011, 2:48 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
+1

Sorry, Dean, but I'm happy to consider you a rare exception.