USPS

Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Chrissey will become famous soon enough
Default USPS

Hi If you send anything to the British Embassy in Washington DC by Express Mail do they sign for it? on the tracking system it says can't leave as no one to sign and left a form to be picked up at the PO. Im sure no one is going to run out to the PO to pick mail up. I've tried calling everyone in the USPS but know one knows the answer. Thanks
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

steve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nice
Default Re: USPS

Originally Posted by Chrissey
Hi If you send anything to the British Embassy in Washington DC by Express Mail do they sign for it? on the tracking system it says can't leave as no one to sign and left a form to be picked up at the PO. Im sure no one is going to run out to the PO to pick mail up. I've tried calling everyone in the USPS but know one knows the answer. Thanks
Express mail should be signed for. Someone picks it up from the PO box. My company has a PO box and we have a local courier pick it up an bring it to our office.

Unless you checked the signature waiver box....
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve100100
Express mail should be signed for. Someone picks it up from the PO box. My company has a PO box and we have a local courier pick it up an bring it to our office.

Unless you checked the signature waiver box....
I didn't know about the waiver box till today as I've never used Express mail before...
Old Feb 15th 2011, 1:32 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chrissey

I can't even get anyone to talk to me without diverting me to that line where you have to pledge your first born child in order to speak to some oik in India (I'm guessing) who has f@#$ all idea what they are talking about. So I would reckon the chances of someone popping down to a Post Office to pick up mail are slim.

Sorry, didn't mean to be flippant, but the pathetic service we get from our Embassies overseas really ticks me off - especially when considered alongside the service from US embassies. One of the few areas where I reckon the US has got it right in service, but thats another thread...

Is there any way of getting USPS to return it to you and then resend it to the embassy without the need for signature? Whats the USPS default with undelivered mail - return to sender or destroy?
Old Feb 15th 2011, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad

I can't even get anyone to talk to me without diverting me to that line where you have to pledge your first born child in order to speak to some oik in India (I'm guessing) who has f@#$ all idea what they are talking about. So I would reckon the chances of someone popping down to a Post Office to pick up mail are slim.

Sorry, didn't mean to be flippant, but the pathetic service we get from our Embassies overseas really ticks me off - especially when considered alongside the service from US embassies. One of the few areas where I reckon the US has got it right in service, but thats another thread...

Is there any way of getting USPS to return it to you and then resend it to the embassy without the need for signature? Whats the USPS default with undelivered mail - return to sender or destroy?
Your ok about being Flippant, I said that to someone today on the phone all I need is for you to send it back and I'll just stick a stamp on forget the $20 I paid to send it secure mail with important documents in and fees enclosed.
Im beginning to think the UK is a bad omen to me, I was there for 6 weeks in 2009 I was back 4 days and had an accident ended up with 13 screws and 2 plates in my ankle, was in a cast for 3 months and only started to walk this year. No it wasn't a wreck fell in my closet and I wasn't drunk lol
Old Feb 15th 2011, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

steve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nice

They won't destroy it. They will try again to deliver it. Ultimately, it will be returned to sender.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve100100
They won't destroy it. They will try again to deliver it. Ultimately, it will be returned to sender.
OMG destroy, I spoke to someone today and she's give me a comfirmation number as she said you have to request for a re delivery r they don't do it.
I can't even find out what PO it's at they say they cant track that..all they have to do is return it to me express mail and they pay the $20 I paid for them to deliver it.....
My question Im still asking is......do the Embassy sign r don't they
Old Feb 15th 2011, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

yipppppeee they got it
Checked tracking at 8-30 this morning and the status changed to....Delivered
Late yesterday afternoon even the USPO helpline checked it and confirmed it had not been delivered.
The tracking message said ..it was delivered on February 14th, 2011 12-09pm and signed by Mr A.....happy they got it, hard to believe the USPO can't update there tracking sytem during the day
Old Feb 15th 2011, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Despite what people think, people at USPS who deliver and sort out mail are smart. They know when businesses are closed, how government buildings work and what needs to be done to get the mail to them. The thing that isn't smart is the online tracking system.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 3:57 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Despite what people think, people at USPS who deliver and sort out mail are smart. They know when businesses are closed, how government buildings work and what needs to be done to get the mail to them. The thing that isn't smart is the online tracking system.
exactly. And there must be hundreds of these things delivered every week that need signing for so they are well used to them.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 3:57 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Dh's passport was delivered to the UK passport services today also, I sent it so I could track it but no signature required. Now we'll see how long their turn around is.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 5:44 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Chrissy ... it is out of the hands of the USPS. It is now in the hands of the Royal Postal Service. Unless you sent it by Fedex, then it is still in the hands of Fedex.

You are not the only person who sends mail to the US Consulate by receipted mail. They most probably have someone who goes, if not daily, every other day to pick up that type of mailing.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 5:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Chrissy ... it is out of the hands of the USPS. It is now in the hands of the Royal Postal Service. Unless you sent it by Fedex, then it is still in the hands of Fedex.
Why would Royal Mail be involved in sending a package from North Carolina to Washing DC? Does the British embassy send applications to the UK for processing?
Old Feb 17th 2011, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

British Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: USPS

Really?
Old Feb 17th 2011, 3:29 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by British Consul
Really?
I've had excellent service from the UK embassy in DC. They have even called me and had me fax over something I missed out. Very polite and pleasant, made me quite homesick hearing a Scottish accent.
Then I've had good service with the INS in the US, a couple of surly desk people but the main people were lovely. I've never needed the US embassy in UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.