Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Using a lawyer in home state for PERM

Using a lawyer in home state for PERM

Old Mar 7th 2009, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Using a lawyer in home state for PERM

My OH has a lawyer in Arkansas who processed his H1b and his extension. Last year he started on the GC process and filed for PERM but it was rejected as one of the dates on the form read Sept 31 instead of Sept 30. My OH was not notified of this rejection until the "window" for resubmission had closed and therefore had to start all over again with a new application.
Now the lawyer is telling him that he has to find a lawyer in N Carolina to file the PERM. As an upfront fee has been paid to do much of this work and he says that he will continue with the case after PERM, I do wonder at the validity of his view/advice/opinion and why this would be the case.
Does anyone know if this is the case?
Old Mar 7th 2009, 5:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Using a lawyer in home state for PERM

Immigration is Federal, not State.