Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Using airmiles to get airport hotel?

Using airmiles to get airport hotel?

Old Sep 2nd 2010, 10:54 pm
Banned

igotheesta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Using airmiles to get airport hotel?

One more question can't find the answer online for

Can I use the American Airlines miles to get an airport hotel the night before the flight? I am looking online. I can't transfer the miles to airmiles.co.uk can I?
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 11:06 pm
Banned

Default Re: Using airmiles to get airport hotel?

You can collect them at all the major hotels but you can't seem to use the miles to pay for the hotel? Anyone have an opnion?
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 11:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by igotheesta
One more question can't find the answer online for

Can I use the American Airlines miles to get an airport hotel the night before the flight? I am looking online. I can't transfer the miles to airmiles.co.uk can I?
Is there a reason you don't want to call AA?
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

Try here http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/pr...edeemMiles.jsp
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 11:22 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Norri
The mile number is too high for me I will miss the free flight if I do that. I saw on airmiles.co.uk it was like 2k miles this is like 12k thats too much. Then again you have to spend like 10k with airmiles.co.uk to get that. That ain't worth it thanks for the help.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by igotheesta
The mile number is too high for me I will miss the free flight if I do that. I saw on airmiles.co.uk it was like 2k miles this is like 12k thats too much. Then again you have to spend like 10k with airmiles.co.uk to get that. That ain't worth it thanks for the help.
It is what it is, AA miles are not Airmiles.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 3:37 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.webflyer.com/programs/mileage_converter/

One time, I was short on Hilton points for a week's stay so I opened an Amtrak account as that was the most efficient way of laundering AA miles into HH points. Years later, and I've still never been on Amtrak.

Last edited by chartreuse; Sep 3rd 2010 at 3:39 am.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 9:01 am
Banned

Originally Posted by chartreuse
http://www.webflyer.com/programs/mileage_converter/

One time, I was short on Hilton points for a week's stay so I opened an Amtrak account as that was the most efficient way of laundering AA miles into HH points. Years later, and I've still never been on Amtrak.
I have got like maybe 10k miles to pay with before I go below the number for the free flight. I will give that a look. Thanks mate!

Last edited by igotheesta; Sep 3rd 2010 at 10:59 am.