Useful qualifications for jobs

Useful qualifications for jobs

Old Jun 6th 2018, 7:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Useful qualifications for jobs

Originally Posted by carlrush
Nice

Sounds like you're in good shape and getting your options thought through well before you move.

Good luck with it all!

Cheers not often you read a comment like that on here, I think I have all bases covered, wife should begin applying for dual citizenship towards the end of the month, then I will start visa application by September.

Makes it easy to have knowledge of the area and a family to support the move. Still worried about jobs etc, but we should be able to buy 60% of a home after being there for a year, provided it all goes to plan.

No rush to get over there, but would like to get the kids settled before eldest gets to gcses(6 years)
Old Jun 7th 2018, 3:00 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just popping in here at the mention of the kids....
you realise that once you are permanently resident in the USA, the kids will have to pay international student rates at UK university? 'College" in the USA is a cost that needs to be planned for too.
does sound like everything else is going well!
Old Jun 7th 2018, 5:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
I'm just popping in here at the mention of the kids....
you realise that once you are permanently resident in the USA, the kids will have to pay international student rates at UK university? 'College" in the USA is a cost that needs to be planned for too.
does sound like everything else is going well!

Even if they are is citizenz by virtue of their mother?
Old Jun 7th 2018, 12:59 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phathamster
Even if they are is citizenz by virtue of their mother?
fees are assessed according to residence. The current situation for the UK is that you must be fully resident (living +going to school) for the 3 years prior to starting if you want to be assessed as a domestic student. Some BE members have managed to get domestic fees if their status in a foreign country is temporary (their parents are on a temporary work visa). Doesn't sound like that is the case for you.
so in nutshell, UK = ~$15k pa in fees which must be paid in advance of the course starting. USA in-state tuition can be a lot less than this.
Old Jun 7th 2018, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
fees are assessed according to residence. The current situation for the UK is that you must be fully resident (living +going to school) for the 3 years prior to starting if you want to be assessed as a domestic student. Some BE members have managed to get domestic fees if their status in a foreign country is temporary (their parents are on a temporary work visa). Doesn't sound like that is the case for you.
so in nutshell, UK = ~$15k pa in fees which must be paid in advance of the course starting. USA in-state tuition can be a lot less than this.

Ah you confused me there for a moment, I thought you were referring to USA university costs.
Old Jun 8th 2018, 11:30 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Well... little did I know who I was talking to JS!