Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Used cars...

Wikiposts

Used cars...

Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:54 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Used cars...

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Forgot to mention Rushie that stuff the 3M gear that you told me to get it bloody worked a treat I did not do it a friend did.

Cheers magic
and is this your way of saying that you may have douted something I said?
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

mikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to interupt, but got another question about buying cars here.
The 2001 Honda turned out to be a scam I think, so I have found another car (1999 Civic - 70,000 miles) that I am looking at.
However, the deal is that the guy wants to use a company called Auto-Sell-Web. Basically, I register, pay the money into escrow, car is delivered to my address, I get three days to test it, and can then keep or return it depending on whether I want it.
I have never heard of such an arrangement, and again, I think it stinks of a scam. Has anyone ever come across this before? The thing that raised my suspicions even further is that the car is currently in Houston and will be delivered to me in CA if I go ahead. Just doesn't fit right to me. I hope I am wrong and it is legit
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:55 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
and is this your way of saying that you may have douted something I said?
Heaven forbid lmao
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:56 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
Agree, despite the solid rear axle
Solid rear axles are better for straight line speed (as in drag racing) but not as good as an IRS for cornering. Good forbid the US domestic manufacturers make a car that can go fast around corners.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:57 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikec81
The 2001 Honda turned out to be a scam I think, so I have found another car (1999 Civic - 70,000 miles) that I am looking at.
However, the deal is that the guy wants to use a company called Auto-Sell-Web. Basically, I register, pay the money into escrow, car is delivered to my address, I get three days to test it, and can then keep or return it depending on whether I want it.
I have never heard of such an arrangement, and again, I think it stinks of a scam. Has anyone ever come across this before? The thing that raised my suspicions even further is that the car is currently in Houston and will be delivered to me in CA if I go ahead. Just doesn't fit right to me. I hope I am wrong and it is legit
Hell no I would not trust it even if it was legit what are they going to return it back to Houston. STINKS
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:58 am
Account Closed

Dont put your money anywhere until youve seen, driven the car and are satisfied you'll drive off in it when you've parted with the ackers.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

mikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to beholdmikec81 is a splendid one to behold

Exactly what I thought. Anything that involves me giving money away to someone I don't know, before I see what I am buying, is not something that I want to get involved in!
I just hoped that someone might have used the company before...
Old Jul 27th 2007, 6:08 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I
Listed as a fake escrow company ....
http://www.scamfraudalert.com/f130/f...y-2007-a-5720/
Old Jul 27th 2007, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

Bloody thieves.
I have sent a pretty strongly worded email to the guy who was trying to rob me.....
Thats two scams out of two attempts to buy something so far!
Old Jul 27th 2007, 6:19 am
Account Closed

Bloody thieves.
I have sent a pretty strongly worded email to the guy who was trying to rob me.....
I bet he's quaking in his Gucci loafers
Old Jul 27th 2007, 6:22 am

Exactly what I thought. Anything that involves me giving money away to someone I don't know, before I see what I am buying, is not something that I want to get involved in!
I just hoped that someone might have used the company before...
I can't believe that you are having such a hard time trying to buy a car! is there not a car auction near you this week! yes I know you buy what you get but if you take buddy thats into mechanics or knows a bit about cars you should be safe!
Even the local weekend papers must have something unless you are in the middle of no where!

I wish you luck lets hope its worth it in the end.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 6:36 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
It could be worse California is Mustang play ground thats why I picked the Sebring there are so many Mustangs the place is inundated with them.
What do you suppose was Choice Number Two after I read him the hairdresser quote... <sigh>
Predictable blokes...

Originally Posted by Ray
The electric hard top version I hope ...
But of course!

Now he's on about some Jaguar he saw the other day. Since when is a bog standard Volvo not good enough?!
Old Jul 27th 2007, 6:38 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Now he's on about some Jaguar he saw the other day. Since when is a bog standard Volvo not good enough?!
Make damn good body anchors ...allegedly
Old Jul 27th 2007, 6:38 am
Account Closed

Since when is a bog standard Volvo not good enough?!
That depends on what year it was built.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 6:45 am

What do you suppose was Choice Number Two after I read him the hairdresser quote...
Predictable blokes...

But of course!

I have a vivid imagination but not that vivid lol.

I am outta here until Sunday have a great weekend guys.
May god bless us all with a Rolls royce corniche

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.