Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

USCIS approved doctor - should I report him?

USCIS approved doctor - should I report him?

Old Jul 28th 2006, 10:12 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USCIS approved doctor - should I report him?

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Oh bloody hell.....I know for sure that I had either measles or German measles as a child....

Just remembered....when I was pregnant with my daughter they marked in large red letters on my records that I needed a rubella jab....they gave it to me at the six week check-up after she was born. Of course I have no record of that now....
The titer test is very quick and only takes a few days for the results to come through. I had mine done at quest labs. Just let your primary carer know that you want to be tested for these diseases because you have already had the diseases. If it comes through that you have immunity for all of these diseases then that is good enough for the immigration stuff. That's what happened with me. I actually had to have my test for college so it was already on my records that I was immune. My insurance company paid for the test. They also paid for our youngest to have the test to show he had had chicken pox because that wasn't on his records and he needed proof for school here
Old Jul 28th 2006, 11:14 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Sorry Englishmum...my husband doesn't remember whether we paid the USCIS doctor or if he sent the bill to Fragomens. If we paid him I don't know how...we don't usually carry much cash and never carry a cheque book.

We will be re-imbursed by the company for the medical tests - it had just not occurred to me that a medical practice wouldn't take credit cards. Like yourselves, we don't usually carry much cash around, nor a chequebook (will next time we go in though!) and I thought it very odd that he insisted on cash - and then didn't have a proper receipt book.

Writing out a receipt on a prescription was very, very weird to say the least.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 12:19 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh this thread has now made be pertified of mine. So any people that has gone to a civil surgeon here around seattle PLEASE let me know who you went with especially if they didn't poke and prod you!
As it would be good to know what to expect here. I'm getting my titre test done in Monday at a clinic. Do I inform the insurance company before I get it done to see if I'm covered the clinic said they didn't know who much it would cost and if it was covered or not!
Old Jul 29th 2006, 12:44 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

I had my GC medical late last year, there was no gynae exam in mine. Blood pressure taken, height, weight (may have listened to my heart/lungs, but don't remember that bit), blood drawn, immunisations, a chest xray & that was it.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 12:55 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

This is the thread I was always gonna post.

I have dined out on my 'medical' stories, had mine in UK, had no idea what to expect. The nurse was just asking me are you aware there is a gen... then the phone rang, I sat and waited wondering what she was gonna say. she then informed me of the 'inspection' and was very annoyed that none of the people scheduled knew what to expect and some of the young girls in the waiting room were quite distressed.
My scary doctor informed that if I had AIDS i would probably ruin my husbands career then asked me to undress, he poked around externally with some kind of spatula thing while complaining that none of the women that day had had painted toenails!
I was glad to be out of there, it was humiliating but now I can laugh about it.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 12:55 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Englishmum

Comments?
omg nope did nothing like that with me...had mine done in london and it consisted of the usual blood tests checking for aids etc but nope i didn't drop my drawers for anybody...dirty old man springs to mind
Old Jul 29th 2006, 1:13 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScousePete
I saw Dr Phelan - 1996 it was. The exam consisted of:
1. Draw blood
2. Chest X-Ray
3. Go see doctor, shirt off. Dr says breath in, breath out, asks if I am healthy, I say yes.
4. Doc says, "NEXT!"

That was it, pretty painless really
Same as mine, "You're breathing and haven't got TB..... excellent"
As I was the last one, the Receptionist asked me if I would take the reports (there were 6 or 8 of us) to the Embassy with me, tight bastards
Old Jul 29th 2006, 1:23 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe there is not one uniformed for the US test and check so people know what to expect! I can't believe the difference between bradford lass and true brit (though I know it was in London should there have been such a wide variation in what would happen )
Gosh I feel I should run for congress with this as my campaign
Old Jul 29th 2006, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I'll have to see all the females on this threads genitals before giving an informed opinion on the topic.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 1:31 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
I'll have to see all the females on this threads genitals before giving an informed opinion on the topic.

Thank you for your cooperation.
You're not gonna see mine LOL!
Old Jul 29th 2006, 1:40 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

I had the same thing happen to me. But it was explained to me that they have to be sure you are the gender you state that you are.

As for the cost, my immigration lawyer gave me a list of the INS approved doctors in my area with a list of costs. I had the ability to select the one I wanted.

I think mine cost me $100 but I also had to pay an additional $150 to my local physician after the chest x-ray (despite telling them I had been vaccinated for TB), HIV test and other bits and pieces.

So, $250 all in and I'm sure prices will vary across the US.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

cinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
I had the same thing happen to me. But it was explained to me that they have to be sure you are the gender you state that you are.
I would love to know how many people they get each year who turn out to be not the gender they say they are?

Although our medicals were done in the scruffiest, most graffiti-covered strip mall imaginable, the doctor was polite, pleasant and quick. He didn't want to see anything I wouldn't show to anyone on this board
Old Jul 29th 2006, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

yorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to behold

I had my medical in London in December 2004. I had the blood test, chest Xray, boob exam, and a foot exam (?? LOL) but no taking my knickers off thank god! The doc was a really nice guy and made it all very easy.
Seems odd if the genital inspection you had was to check you had no STD's?? I wasn't aware it was possible to tell for sure just by looking....... maybe it really is to check if you are the gender you say you are, and why did your hubby have to leave? But as you said the doc did call a nurse in so that is good.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 1:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yorkshire_lass
I had my medical in London in December 2004. I had the blood test, chest Xray, boob exam, and a foot exam (?? LOL) but no taking my knickers off thank god! The doc was a really nice guy and made it all very easy.
Seems odd if the genital inspection you had was to check you had no STD's?? I wasn't aware it was possible to tell for sure just by looking....... maybe it really is to check if you are the gender you say you are, and why did your hubby have to leave? But as you said the doc did call a nurse in so that is good.
Boob test!! Its about time this country got its act together. The GC medical needs to be regulated and carried out at a medical centre. After all we pay for the test...so why use dubious doctors who work in such filthy conditions?

Englishmum...its just occurred to me...I wonder if it is legal/ethical for a doctor to use a prescription as a receipt?
Old Jul 30th 2006, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Boob test!! Its about time this country got its act together. The GC medical needs to be regulated and carried out at a medical centre. After all we pay for the test...so why use dubious doctors who work in such filthy conditions?

Englishmum...its just occurred to me...I wonder if it is legal/ethical for a doctor to use a prescription as a receipt?
i would have thought that a prescription is a legal document

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.