USA vs UK

Old Aug 6th 2010, 1:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA vs UK

The Cleveland Browns (football) moved to Baltimore in the mid 90s and became the Baltimore Ravens. We have a new Cleveland Browns team now and they suck!! They have great fans though - some go to every game even in the freezing cold and snow. Not me - I wouldn't go if you paid me!!
Old Aug 6th 2010, 2:46 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Then there's the Seattle SuperSonics who became the Oklahoma City Thunder which I still don't understand...
Old Aug 6th 2010, 3:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
Then there's the Seattle SuperSonics who became the Oklahoma City Thunder which I still don't understand...

The Houston Oilers became the Tennesse Titans and then a few years later we got the Houston Texans. Why not become the Oilers again. At least that name made sense
Old Aug 6th 2010, 3:23 am

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
The Houston Oilers became the Tennesse Titans and then a few years later we got the Houston Texans. Why not become the Oilers again. At least that name made sense
Dunno why our cricket teams copied those stupid kindsa names - Nottinghamshire Outlaws fair enough but Lancashire Lightning? wtf

Not to mention the controversy, Middlesex were originally the Crusaders, but this was changed to Panthers after complaints from Jews and Muslims.
Old Aug 6th 2010, 3:36 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by expatasia
Dunno why our cricket teams copied those stupid kindsa names - Nottinghamshire Outlaws fair enough but Lancashire Lightning? wtf
Prob 'cos the Lancs Wanks was thought to be derogatory...
Old Aug 6th 2010, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

demi is an unknown quantity at this point

isnt it cause Lancashire and shocking, lol
its ok i am from that part of the world.

its kind of thew same with Rugby League with Leeds Rhinos, Wakefield Wildcats, i think its meant to make it more family-esc
Old Aug 6th 2010, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

a few years later we got the Houston Texans. Why not become the Oilers again. At least that name made sense
So the name "Houston Texans" doesn't make sense to you?
Old Aug 6th 2010, 6:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helwardman
So the name "Houston Texans" doesn't make sense to you?

Let me re-phrase that.

What I meant was when they revived a team in Houston why weren't they called the Oilers again, it was what everyone remembered them as.

You know it makes sense Rodney
Old Aug 6th 2010, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

Let me re-phrase that.

What I meant was when they revived a team in Houston why weren't they called the Oilers again, it was what everyone remembered them as.

You know it makes sense Rodney
Old Aug 7th 2010, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

martian1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this comment really true -Cost of living considerably higher than the UK
I was hoping to move to the states as i though it was cheaper than the uk
Old Aug 7th 2010, 10:47 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martian1
Depends where you are moving to and how you live. I find fresh fruit and veg to be ridiculously expensive in Los Angeles, especially when they are only delivering it up the road 20 miles. Junk food though is scarily cheap.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 12:13 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by N1cky
Depends where you are moving to and how you live. I find fresh fruit and veg to be ridiculously expensive in Los Angeles, especially when they are only delivering it up the road 20 miles. Junk food though is scarily cheap.
That's cos of all the government subsidies that the corn industry gets. Despite the fact that HFCS should probably be listed as a toxin than is a direct cause of diabetes.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 9:47 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Somethings are cheaper, some more expensive. My experience in Oregon says Oregon is cheaper than the UK and we live better on lower income here than we did in the UK.

But in the US much more than in the UK costs are effected by where you live.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

HumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond repute

As I'm sure many others have said. It depends where you are moving from in the U.K to where you are moving in the U.S; it also might depend on a whole host of specific circumstances. For me, assuming I get the Visa this month, I'm going to be a lot better off but it could have been different. I'm also moving from London after which pretty much anywhere is better value for money.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 9:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HumphreyC
I'm also moving from London after which pretty much anywhere is better value for money.
That is probably true, with the caveat that you can easily live in London without a car and there are a lot of variables such as property taxes and cost of healthcare.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.