USA TCL TV

Old Aug 7th 2021, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

Kozzy24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default USA TCL TV

I have brought from the USA to the UK a 60” TCL TV. On the box the power only states 120hz CMI. How can I go about using it in the UK.

We also brought a KitchenAid food mixer, how to can I get this to work in the UK?
Old Aug 7th 2021, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA TCL TV

Try this link re compatibility of electronic items and Canada is the same as the US

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Compa...f_Goods-Canada
Old Aug 8th 2021, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kozzy24
I have brought from the USA to the UK a 60” TCL TV. On the box the power only states 120hz CMI. How can I go about using it in the UK.

We also brought a KitchenAid food mixer, how to can I get this to work in the UK?
Try getting an "Autotransfomer"

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LVYUAN-1000...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Old Aug 9th 2021, 1:18 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kozzy24

Ref the TV, 120Hz CMI referees to the screen refresh rate. Nothing to do with the power supply.

AC power in the UK is 240 v 50 Hz, US 110 v 60Hz.
The mixer, buy another mixer. Pointless transferring most electrical devices between the US and UK.

Old Aug 12th 2021, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Why oh why?
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

Norcal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by excpomea
Ref the TV, 120Hz CMI referees to the screen refresh rate. Nothing to do with the power supply.

AC power in the UK is 240 v 50 Hz, US 110 v 60Hz.
The mixer, buy another mixer. Pointless transferring most electrical devices between the US and UK.
110 volts was obsolete in the US before Hitler invaded Poland, 120 volts is the standard of the US & Canada, the mixer is 120V 60 Hz, UK power is 230V, 50 HZ, a transformer is required to step down the voltage, as it is a 60 HZ appliance, it will run slower on 50 hertz, and can cause overheating issues because of inadequate cooling, but doubt it will be a problem if not subjected to heavy & prolonged use, a UK site transformer might be of use, since they stepdown the local 230V to 110V for construction site use, each leg is 55V, for lower touch voltage, and the 50/60 HZ is subject to the volts/hertz ratio, a 120 volt 60 hz motors will generally fare well when operated on 110V 50HZ. Kitchenaid mixers are pretty robust, mine dates back to the 1960's when it was owned by Hobart, which was their domestic line in addition to dishwashers, Hobart is more well known for their food service equipment.