Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

USA needed occupations

USA needed occupations

Old Oct 28th 2003, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

lil-lisa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default USA needed occupations

Firstly hi and sorry if this has been mentioned before.
I'm aware that to get into the US it helps to have an occupation that is needed.
Can anyone tell me where I can find or get this information from? The only one I've found so far is a Tree Surgeon!
Old Oct 28th 2003, 4:39 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Registered nurses. This is the single most useful occupation/qualification to have if you want to travel to the States. Doctors and nurses are the only ones to be able to get employment-based green cards. You need to be qualified in the UK first though (3-year course) and then take the US exam. Takes about 5 years in all, including navigating the immigration process.
Old Oct 28th 2003, 5:16 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA needed occupations

Originally posted by lil-lisa
Firstly hi and sorry if this has been mentioned before.
I'm aware that to get into the US it helps to have an occupation that is needed.
Can anyone tell me where I can find or get this information from? The only one I've found so far is a Tree Surgeon!
Not only being trained/registered in a much needed occupation desirable/necessary but it also helps oodles if you have prior experience in say, nursing, teaching, engineering, etc.

NC Penguin