Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

USA ISLANDS...

USA ISLANDS...

Old Jan 18th 2015, 3:48 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA ISLANDS...

Catalina island is 20 miles off Los Angeles. Coronado Island joined by a bridge to San Diego. Both are nice with good hotels and restaurants.
Old Jan 18th 2015, 6:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Bar Harbor on Mount Desert Island in Maine?

Plenty of little islands around the coast up there, but most will be a bit grim in winter.

Won't have to worry about being diverted to another country though if you hit bad weather in a flight...
Old Jan 18th 2015, 6:14 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I was thinking it changed its name; it was Western Samoa that became (plain) "Samoa".
I remember changing planes and glancing at the board and seeing no flights to Manchester, UK, but several to Manchester, NH. For a short while I panicked and had to check my ticket to makes sure I hadn't fooked up. I was good, but it makes we wonder what issue happen in travel to the Samoas.
Old Jan 18th 2015, 9:20 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I remember changing planes and glancing at the board and seeing no flights to Manchester, UK, but several to Manchester, NH. For a short while I panicked and had to check my ticket to makes sure I hadn't fooked up. I was good, but it makes we wonder what issue happen in travel to the Samoas.
There are plenty of opportunities for a screw-up especially after American Samoa wanted to be on the same side of the international date line as the US, so the international date now passes between the two Samoas and they are on different days!
Old Jan 18th 2015, 11:09 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Johnston Atoll?

Mind the radiation...
Old Jan 20th 2015, 2:11 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stribs
Are there any islands (besides Hawaii) that come under the USA? Heading over on the K1 and wondered if there were any loopholes to get to a beautiful island after we wed that wouldn't need a parole visa.
There are tons of islands off the coast. And further than that, how about Saipan? Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, but there are islands off the coast of California and Florida, not the least of which are the Keys.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 2:17 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stribs
Would the US government allow us to go to the US virgin islands and not see it as abandoning a visa?
It's an incorporated US territory so it makes no odds.

The USVI does have some limited internal immigration control, mainly to stop people coming over from Puerto Rico who illegally entered and then taking an internal flight, however British Virgin Islanders can visit the USVI under slightly different rules than if they travel to the rest of the US, so CBP checks for them as well.