Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

USA here we come!!! Yipppeeeeeeee!

USA here we come!!! Yipppeeeeeeee!

Old Oct 20th 2003, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough
Default USA here we come!!! Yipppeeeeeeee!

I have posted on the Marriage forum, but just wanted to let you know that today we received an e-mail from the London Consular to say that my Hubby's waiver has been APPROVED - meaning he can now have a green card!!!!!! We are now free to live together as a family in the USA and finally become REAL ex-pats and not just wannabe's.... from now on I can post questions that begin with "WHEN we move to the US...." and not "IF we move to the US"... It's nice to be in control again :PARTY:

Thanks to everyone who advised us and supported us through the last 9 months xx
Old Oct 20th 2003, 5:03 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Congrats!!!

Long time coming..... even if you don't remember me from interview day!
Old Oct 20th 2003, 5:31 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh that's so *****ing amazing!!! I am so happy for you! I knew you'd get it. I actually have a tear in my eye! You must be so flipping relieved. I really understand how you must be feeling right now. BIG HUGS! Congrats to you! Now we really need to organize a huge party for all of us recent immigrants.

Now go out and have a jolly good curry and a drink and celebrate. No more waiting!

See? My Xena impression worked!

Last edited by Rockgurl; Oct 20th 2003 at 5:38 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2003, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by RoB1833
Congrats!!!

Long time coming..... even if you don't remember me from interview day!

LOL!!!
I remember - sort of all that time ago! Well... we got there in the end You must have been living over there for more than 2 months now right?

Hopefully this will be our last ever trip to London Embassy to collect the visa, now that we're approved, legal and free to be.
Old Oct 21st 2003, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

YAY Congratulations !!!

Jan
Old Oct 21st 2003, 5:52 pm
Professional Mover

RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by whatever
LOL!!!
I remember - sort of all that time ago! Well... we got there in the end You must have been living over there for more than 2 months now right?

Hopefully this will be our last ever trip to London Embassy to collect the visa, now that we're approved, legal and free to be.
Believe it or not over three months now! At least you'll be done with immigration for a while..... I still have to go through AOS!
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by RoB1833
Believe it or not over three months now! At least you'll be done with immigration for a while..... I still have to go through AOS!
Blinkin' Blimey Mr! 3 months already!! How are you adjusting?
Good luck with filing for AOS... and judging by your track record, you'll breeze through
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

207lonsdale is on a distinguished road
Default Re: USA here we come!!! Yipppeeeeeeee!

Wonderful news ... Congratulations!!!!

Old Oct 22nd 2003, 10:14 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough
Default Re: USA here we come!!! Yipppeeeeeeee!

I have posted on the Marriage forum, but just wanted to let you know that today we received an e-mail from the London Consular to say that my Hubby's waiver has been APPROVED - meaning he can now have a green card!!!!!! We are now free to live together as a family in the USA and finally become REAL ex-pats and not just wannabe's.... from now on I can post questions that begin with "WHEN we move to the US...." and not "IF we move to the US"... It's nice to be in control again :PARTY:

Thanks to everyone who advised us and supported us through the last 9 months xx
"ere... you wont be that far from Connecticut either! Another plus!
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 11:47 pm
Professional Mover

Blinkin' Blimey Mr! 3 months already!! How are you adjusting?
Good luck with filing for AOS... and judging by your track record, you'll breeze through
Adjusting quite well..... still at the stage where I'm comparing most things with the UK and missing a lot of things.

Think the main problem is too much time on my hands and that will be better once I have a job. A couple of things seem to look promising at the moment, but its definitely a stagnant market in this area, even for temping. Once I'm working we'll file for AOS..... we're trying to take one step at a time!