Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

In USA Green Card EB-2 queue, should I move to Australia on TSS 482?

In USA Green Card EB-2 queue, should I move to Australia on TSS 482?

Old Dec 18th 2018, 4:17 pm
sdg
Just Joined

sdg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default In USA Green Card EB-2 queue, should I move to Australia on TSS 482?

Hello Expats,

I am based out of US right now on H-1B visa and filed my green card (approved i140) with a priority date of April 2016. I am getting a job in Australia and company is ready to sponsor my visa on TSS Subclass 482 Visa with Medium Term Stream. As I am completely new to Australia, it makes me very nervous and confused, should I take this opportunity?

My questions:
1. Considering current H-1B and overall immigration system in the USA, should I consider moving to Australia.
2. Considering to current USA GC queue, it is going to be less stressful in Australia.
3. How soon, I can get PR in Australia.
4. Can I file PR by my own in Australia, if I am on TSS 482 visa class.
Old Dec 18th 2018, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In USA Green Card EB-2 queue, should I move to Australia on TSS 482?

H-1B is going nowhere, you are pretty far down the GC queue anyways, you've never been to Aus, Aus is always there in the future.
Unless you hate your job / born in India / meh about America, i would stay
Old Dec 18th 2018, 6:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In USA Green Card EB-2 queue, should I move to Australia on TSS 482?

You might get better answers asking in the Australia forum rather than USA forum. Your questions seen more to do with how the Australian process works.

If you go to work in Australia, you'll abandon your US green card process, make sure you don't mind losing that.

Rene
Old Dec 18th 2018, 6:57 pm
sdg
Just Joined

sdg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by neill
H-1B is going nowhere, you are pretty far down the GC queue anyways, you've never been to Aus, Aus is always there in the future.
Unless you hate your job / born in India / meh about America, i would stay
I am India born, and wait queue is long, in that case, would it be a wise decision to move to Aus?
Old Dec 18th 2018, 8:11 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdg
I am India born, and wait queue is long, in that case, would it be a wise decision to move to Aus?
No one can make that decision except you. What might be good for one person is not for the next person. Only you know how you feel about staying in the USA or moving to Australia.

Rene