Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

USA Forever?

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: Will you stay in the USA?
Could never go back to the UK, love it here too much
33.33%
Probably going to stay here but more because of my spouse or job
30.00%
Would like to retire to the UK but plan to spend most of my life here
11.67%
Wouldn't mind going back now.
25.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

USA Forever?

Old Apr 13th 2005, 7:11 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA Forever?

Originally Posted by Englishmum
My favourite bit is when I drive up the M40 and just after High Wycombe heading towards Oxford you drive through the bit where the motorway cuts into a large hill....as you descend you get this most amazing view of the open countryside for miles and miles....often spotting hot air balloons gliding gracefully through the air too...
That bit, loved that bit, would always mean the coach was getting close to Oxford and could then go pee pretty soon *lol* not to mention, you can seriously motor down that hill
Old Apr 13th 2005, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by strim
You're not the only one. Each year the entire UK population wait patiently for summer, occasionaly the rain stops for a couple of days in June but no sign of a summer yet!
There is certainly something to be said for sunny days cheering you up. I certainly benefit from 300 plus days a year of great weather. It helps my mood no end.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:50 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
When the plains comeing into land, it's normally dawn, just looking out the window at British soil, beautiful green fields, fills me up every time!!! nothing like that comeing back, so for me here is not home, no matter how much more stuff I acquire.
Nice words. I love the Southern country side when coming into land at Gatwick airport.

Agree with the filling up, but for me that's more for the people that are back there.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 2:08 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

When the plains comeing into land, it's normally dawn, just looking out the window at British soil, beautiful green fields, fills me up every time!!! nothing like that comeing back, so for me here is not home, no matter how much more stuff I acquire.
wow can i have those rose tinted specs!

On the rare occasion i go back i land at Manchester....this is the scene...Airplane above the fluffy white clouds..sun shining..looks like fields of cotton balls ...coming into land....go through clouds...they turn from white to grey to black!

Land in Manchester..can't see the sun for shite...it's grey and pissing it down....welcome back

Can't wait for next time though
Old Apr 13th 2005, 4:09 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
Land in Manchester..can't see the sun for shite...it's grey and pissing it down....welcome back
There's your problem right there. Trying landing somewhere else....like down south.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 4:29 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

On the rare occasion i go back i land at Manchester....this is the scene...Airplane above the fluffy white clouds..sun shining..looks like fields of cotton balls ...coming into land....go through clouds...they turn from white to grey to black!

LOL!! I swear on my cats life that every single time I've flown home it has been raining in Manchester and I can see the reflection of all the sorry faces in the grey, wet, tarmac as we come down to land, as the misery of living in the north, nothing more comforting. Not seeing the sun for days through the drizzle and putting your shorts on as soon as those 2 days of decent weather in July turn up. Then being suprised when its pissing down and the barbecue's blown over the next day.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 5:28 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rincewind
It's wrapped up in Texas legal BS. There ain't no way they would be permitted to move to the UK.
Same for me. This is why I get "stuck" a lot in life.... I want to live in the UK beyond question, but I can't move there now. It's my life goal but I can't work towards it, so I find it hard to do anything else. Life's too short to be trapped somewhere other than where you want to be, but kids' childhoods are shorter still. I wish there were easier answers, like.... forcing the father to move to the UK as well! I dunno if the UK would WANT them, but it sure would sort out the problem
Old Apr 13th 2005, 11:22 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by SarahUK
LOL!! I swear on my cats life that every single time I've flown home it has been raining in Manchester and I can see the reflection of all the sorry faces in the grey, wet, tarmac as we come down to land, as the misery of living in the north, nothing more comforting. Not seeing the sun for days through the drizzle and putting your shorts on as soon as those 2 days of decent weather in July turn up. Then being suprised when its pissing down and the barbecue's blown over the next day.

That sounds just like Seattle.

Old Apr 14th 2005, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I might well have rose tinted specs on when it comes to my home land, but landing at Heathrow or Gatwick has allways been picture perfect. I love Manchester, was reading something that the people of Manchester are supposed to be the happyest and friendliest in Brition, well my best mate lives there, may be they make a bit more of an effort to be, as you say the weathers so bad.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:15 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

I love Manchester, was reading something that the people of Manchester are supposed to be the happyest and friendliest in Brition, well my best mate lives there, may be they make a bit more of an effort to be, as you say the weathers so bad.
Lol my best mate lives there too! I've not spent anytime in Manchester myself so i couldn't tell you anything other than it always seems to be raining when I land
Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:19 am
Back Again

Originally Posted by SarahUK
putting your shorts on as soon as those 2 days of decent weather in July turn up.
LMAO it's like that where i'm from too !! that's why (like i mentioned on another thread) I always feel like i need to make the most of a sunny day
I swear i must have seen more cases of sunburn in my home town than i have ever seen down here in the Southern U.S
Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I might well have rose tinted specs on when it comes to my home land, but landing at Heathrow or Gatwick has allways been picture perfect. I love Manchester, was reading something that the people of Manchester are supposed to be the happyest and friendliest in Brition, well my best mate lives there, may be they make a bit more of an effort to be, as you say the weathers so bad.

I love the view coming in to land in Heathrow/Gatwick too,its the best feeling.. but the highlight for me is driving across the Severn Bridge into Wales - gets me every time. The grass is definitely greener...the green is so vivid it hits you in the face
My friend moved to Manchester last year- she loves it up there, and from the photos she's sent, the little village she lives in looks idyllic.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 3:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
That sounds just like Seattle.
Not since we moved here last year. Hotter than he!! all summer long and then a fantastic winter (made up for the hot summer in my book) We moved here thinking it would be similar to UK weather....well similar if you lived down south probably.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:09 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Not since we moved here last year. Hotter than he!! all summer long and then a fantastic winter (made up for the hot summer in my book) We moved here thinking it would be similar to UK weather....well similar if you lived down south probably.

Really? Wow! Hopefully all the snowbirds will go there next winter rather than clog up where I live.

Old Apr 14th 2005, 11:14 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I've heard that the weather was so nice that there will now be a drought this summer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.