Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Is the USA better?

Is the USA better?

Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:07 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is the USA better?

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Who gives a shit?
Judging from the number of Americans who go to Europe looking for their family roots, quite a few people.

Add to that those people who describe themselves as some other nationality American, such as Irish American, then the number adds up.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:07 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oldskool
There was nothing that I have said on this board to justify that.
well tell her to bugger off then.........

but her being a mod is neither here nor there.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:10 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think calling someone specially impaired is appropriate. There was nothing that I have said on this board to justify that.
Go with the flow ..we are all just pixel ....
and to be quite quite honest we dont really care how you feel
or how appropiate you think something is ..
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:11 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
That's right, I did remember seeing that America was born in 1776.....past that it was just a huge piece of land with nobody on it.
Perhaps recorded history would have been a better way I could have phrased it.

There doesn't appear to be a lot of recorded history for America before the 1600s.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

oldskool has much to be proud ofoldskool has much to be proud ofoldskool has much to be proud ofoldskool has much to be proud ofoldskool has much to be proud ofoldskool has much to be proud ofoldskool has much to be proud ofoldskool has much to be proud ofoldskool has much to be proud ofoldskool has much to be proud ofoldskool has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Manc
well tell her to bugger off then.........

but her being a mod is neither here nor there.
I don't agree. Mods should be here to keep that sort of nonsense off. If I personally insult someone I would expect to have my post deleted - it has nothing to do with productively discussing issues in the thread. I don't expect mods to be the people behind such insults.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:14 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I don't expect mods to be the people behind such insults.
good job you only joined recently then.... that's all I can say
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

oldskool has much to be proud ofoldskool has much to be proud ofoldskool has much to be proud ofoldskool has much to be proud ofoldskool has much to be proud ofoldskool has much to be proud ofoldskool has much to be proud ofoldskool has much to be proud ofoldskool has much to be proud ofoldskool has much to be proud ofoldskool has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Manc
good job you only joined recently then.... that's all I can say
What difference does that make?
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
Perhaps recorded history would have been a better way I could have phrased it.

There doesn't appear to be a lot of recorded history for America before the 1600s.
Its a shame really, because I'm sure there were probably things going on.....
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:20 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think calling someone specially impaired is appropriate. There was nothing that I have said on this board to justify that.
I didn't call you specially impaired, I suggested you might be Special Impaired.
As in, you have trouble knowing 'Special' when you see it. Based on your comment that many cities here don't have anything special about them.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
I didn't call you specially impaired, I suggested you might be Special Impaired.
As in, you have trouble knowing 'Special' when you see it. Based on your comment that many cities here don't have anything special about them.
Thanks for clarifying your comment, that's all I wanted to know.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:24 pm
@matthewb76

Can I post another pic of Sharron Davies in the buff to lighten the thread up again?
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:31 pm
Banned

Kali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond repute

Just don't question the greatness of the United States of America for Amerikanes on here and you'll be fine.....

Lots of culture here: pictorial evidence attached.
Attached Thumbnails Is the USA better?-antique.jpg  
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:33 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kali-forniarrr
Just don't question the greatness of the United States of America for Amerikanes on here and you'll be fine.....

And where the hell have you been?
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kali-forniarrr

Well there you are......finally found a thread worthy of your pot stirring?

Just so our new friends on BE know.....Kali is American as well.....
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Its a shame really, because I'm sure there were probably things going on.....
but not written about and generally available.

I was in the largest book shop in Portland and browsing the history section. There was only one book I saw covering a period before 16th century and that started at 1492, most seemed to be from the late 1700 onwards.

In academic circles there may well be a considerable number of volumes for study but to the average person there is seems little available history written about the area which became the USA prior to that countries inception.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.