Wikiposts

The usa

Old Jul 31st 2005, 9:57 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The usa

Originally Posted by Fig Newton
Oh, so now I'm a troll because you don't like what I am saying? Interesting.

You are "not staying" but you are "here permanently?" Which is it?

My perspective is just fine, as is my attitude towards others for I have manners and I don't attack people because they mispell something or because they simply ask a question.

Native American here so assuming your are a British expat then where it counts most it is you that is the "newby."

I'd learn some manners down there in Texas before someone tries and teach them to you, though I doubt very much you respond to people in person as you have done here.
Well you're settling in nicely then Fig....
Old Jul 31st 2005, 9:58 am
Yes, Master...

Tami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the rough

My perspective is just fine, as is my attitude towards others for I have manners and I don't attack people because they mispell something or because they simply ask a question.

Native American here so assuming your are a British expat then where it counts most it is you that is the "newby."

I'd learn some manners down there in Texas before someone tries and teach them to you, though I doubt very much you respond to people in person as you have done here.
From one "native" to another...perhaps you wouldn't look like such a troll if you didn't come in on the attack from your first post! Stop trying to "teach" everyone something! And if you don't like what you're reading, you can go google some other chatboard more to your liking.

Quit picking on my friends, you big bully!
Old Jul 31st 2005, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Says mister "I've got the tightest underwear ever".

I wish I had a smiley that was crying *and* had a nappy on.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 9:59 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=SeveredNeurons]
Originally Posted by britchicknyc
Then again I go back at least 4 plus times a year...QUOTE]

Sorry, without appearing to be rude....how do you manage to return to the UK 4 times a year, at least? I'm asking not from the financial point of view, but from an employment point of view. I work for a HUGE Multinational Pharmaceutical company as a Microbiologist and in return for all my toil, professionally and academically was handed a paltry two weeks for my first year! Well, least the money is great
I'm afraid you probably missed your chance to get a decent vacation allowance when you negotiated your employment package.

A key part of my negotiations when I was considering coming to work for a company here on an H1B visa was the vacation allowance. As a result, I get slightly more than the 4 weeks plus bank holidays that I used to get in the UK.

If I hadn't negotiated, I would have had no vacation for the first 6 months, then 2 weeks per year until I'd been with the company for 5 years.

Oh, and I'm in the Semiconductor industry, but I don't think that this has anything much to do with how much vacation you start a new job on.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 10:06 am
Banned

Fig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Fig appears to be yet another Yank who has read a couple of threads on the board, is outraged (OUTRAGED, I tell you!) that there are people here who are critical of this fine country that has deigned to allow us to enter its boarders, and is going to fight a single-handed crusade to teach us all that we can just darned well say nice things or go back home where we belong!

Nice to meet you Fig, and don't let the door catch you in the arse on the way out.
I've read quite a bit on this forum and it's one thing to be critical about things and it's another thing to be outwardly hostile and anti-American, and to go on and on about all that irritates. The most popular threads in this forum have to do with all the negative things that can be scrapped from the gutter about a country that you people have chosen to live in.

If you haven't noticed by now Americans are not constantly whining and bitching about things in such a sarcastic and mean way as I see in this forum. You are in a different country and in a different culture. Accept it or leave if it makes so so damn miserable. America doesn't need such immigrants.

By the way, it's ass now, not "arse." If I were living in the UK I would use arse.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I've read quite a bit on this forum and it's one thing to be critical about things and it's another thing to be outwardly hostile and anti-American, and to go on and on about all that irritates. The most popular threads in this forum have to do with all the negative things that can be scrapped from the gutter about a country that you people have chosen to live in.

If you haven't noticed by now Americans are not constantly whining and bitching about things in such a sarcastic and mean way as I see in this forum. You are in a different country and in a different culture. Accept it or leave if it makes so so damn miserable. America doesn't need such immigrants.
That's right I live here because I HATE it.

BTW, the thread on "likes" of the US is much longer.

By the way, it's ass now, not "arse." If I were living in the UK I would use arse.
Sorry I didn't see a sign at the airport that said "Please leave your native language at home"
Old Jul 31st 2005, 10:15 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

And there we have it. "If you don't like it, go home". Well done Fig - you've now fulfilled the last remaining requirement to be just like the rest of the endless stream of little people visiting this board to tell us foreigners to stop all criticism of the good old US of A.

By the way, if you were in the UK you would still be a wanker, and would sound like one too if you used "arse". When I came to the US I most certainly did not sign up to be forcibly converted to an American. I am British, and proud of it. I choose to live in America, and while I am here and paying taxes I have every right to be as critical as I would be of Britain.

You, however, have less than zero right to tell me what I can and cannot say or do. So be a good chap and take your whiney little attitude somewhere else.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 10:15 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I'd also be careful about using that attitude during your stay in America.
Or you'll what? Lose your sense of humour presumably
Old Jul 31st 2005, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Or you'll what? Lose your sense of humour presumably
PMSL.... that's the funniest thing I've read all day.... well apart from Fig's posts.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 10:19 am
looking for the corkscrew

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimFountain
And I'll reserve my right to say what I think about a pointless and facile question from a newby poster. You try and have a better day than you appear to have started off with!

- Tim
Says you, with a total post count of 92.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 10:25 am

It's only a guess, but I reckon Fig knows that Charlton Heston used to be President of the NRA before he died
Old Jul 31st 2005, 10:26 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=dbj1000]
Originally Posted by SeveredNeurons

I'm afraid you probably missed your chance to get a decent vacation allowance when you negotiated your employment package.

A key part of my negotiations when I was considering coming to work for a company here on an H1B visa was the vacation allowance. As a result, I get slightly more than the 4 weeks plus bank holidays that I used to get in the UK.

If I hadn't negotiated, I would have had no vacation for the first 6 months, then 2 weeks per year until I'd been with the company for 5 years.

Oh, and I'm in the Semiconductor industry, but I don't think that this has anything much to do with how much vacation you start a new job on.
Hubby asked for 4 weeks at the start.........plus USA holidays.....which I did not add in hubbys 5 weeks....so he gets 5 weeks......3 anytime days......and 7 US holiday days....
Old Jul 31st 2005, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
It's only a guess, but I reckon Fig knows that Charlton Heston used to be President of the NRA before he died
I wonder if he's aware of the massive immigration to the US of Spanish only speaking people of South America.

That's "Latin Americans" or, the horribly broad, "Hispanics" to you Fig.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 10:28 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
That's right I live here because I HATE it.

BTW, the thread on "likes" of the US is much longer.

Sorry I didn't see a sign at the airport that said "Please leave your native language at home"
I think American would do better if it had such a sign.....