The usa

Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:22 am
Accepted Everywhere

SeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant future
Default Re: The usa

[QUOTE=britchicknyc]Then again I go back at least 4 plus times a year...QUOTE]

Sorry, without appearing to be rude....how do you manage to return to the UK 4 times a year, at least? I'm asking not from the financial point of view, but from an employment point of view. I work for a HUGE Multinational Pharmaceutical company as a Microbiologist and in return for all my toil, professionally and academically was handed a paltry two weeks for my first year! Well, least the money is great
Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=SeveredNeurons]
Originally Posted by britchicknyc
Then again I go back at least 4 plus times a year...QUOTE]

Sorry, without appearing to be rude....how do you manage to return to the UK 4 times a year, at least? I'm asking not from the financial point of view, but from an employment point of view. I work for a HUGE Multinational Pharmaceutical company as a Microbiologist and in return for all my toil, professionally and academically was handed a paltry two weeks for my first year! Well, least the money is great
She doesn't work?
Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:40 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=SeveredNeurons]
Originally Posted by britchicknyc
Then again I go back at least 4 plus times a year...QUOTE]

Hubby gets over 5 weeks a year.....and unpaid time off if needed......not that I'd like to go to the UK for just a week at a time..!.....maybe they don't work....not everyone has too......
Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:44 am
Accepted Everywhere

SeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
She doesn't work?
Maybe your right, I couldn't possibly comment.

I have a keen, well, generalized interest though in the industries in the US that appear to be so generous in the allocation of vacation time that appears to allow a sizeable number of people on this forum to vacation so many times a year. I think that I need to switch from Pharmaceuticals to Teaching
Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:50 am
Accepted Everywhere

Originally Posted by krizzy
Hubby gets over 5 weeks a year.....and unpaid time off if needed.....maybe they don't work....not everyone has too......
Really, five weeks? That's comparable with what I had in the UK. What industry is your Husband in?....if you don't mind me asking of course! Also, how long has he worked for the company that he is with? I'm acutely aware that American companies do indeed reward loyalty, that is reflected in numerous colleagues that also have comparative vacation times with UK/European standards. However, this level of loyalty is measured in decades, not single digit years. I think that I'm looking at working for P&G for a long time before I can look forward to five weeks.
Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

I think that some people have come over with their companies and are probably receiving the same holiday time they had in the UK.
Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:53 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SeveredNeurons
Maybe your right, I couldn't possibly comment.

I have a keen, well, generalized interest though in the industries in the US that appear to be so generous in the allocation of vacation time that appears to allow a sizeable number of people on this forum to vacation so many times a year. I think that I need to switch from Pharmaceuticals to Teaching
Hubby is in telcoms......if that helps........I know 5 weeks is more than a lot of people get.....
Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:55 am
Re vera, potas bene.

Originally Posted by SeveredNeurons
Really, five weeks? That's comparable with what I had in the UK. What industry is your Husband in?....if you don't mind me asking of course! Also, how long has he worked for the company that he is with? I'm acutely aware that American companies do indeed reward loyalty, that is reflected in numerous colleagues that also have comparative vacation times with UK/European standards. However, this level of loyalty is measured in decades, not single digit years. I think that I'm looking at working for P&G for a long time before I can look forward to five weeks.
He got an extra week for being there 5 years....
Old Jul 31st 2005, 7:20 am
Banned

Fig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TimFountain
Er, to get away from people asking stupid questions who can't spell!
I'll take people "asking stupid questions who can't spell" over rudeness and nastiness any day.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fig Newton
I'll take people "asking stupid questions who can't spell" over rudeness and nastiness any day.
And I'll reserve my right to say what I think about a pointless and facile question from a newby poster. You try and have a better day than you appear to have started off with!

- Tim
Old Jul 31st 2005, 8:54 pm
Banned

Fig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant future

And I'll reserve my right to say what I think about a pointless and facile question from a newby poster. You try and have a better day than you appear to have started off with!

- Tim
Grow up and learn some manners while you are at it.

I'd also be careful about using that attitude during your stay in America.

My day is just fine, thank you.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fig Newton
Grow up and learn some manners while you are at it.

I'd also be careful about using that attitude during your stay in America.

My day is just fine, thank you.
Do I smell a troll round here somewhere or did my dog just fart? Bad boy, get out in the yard now, phew what a whiff....

Oh BTW I am not staying; I am here permanently, and it's your perspective not my attitude that needs adjusting.

My day is also going great, thanks for asking. We had a barbeque and a swim in our pool, but I had to cut the grass this morning, and boy it sure is hot here in Austin today. Take care out there newby!

Last edited by TimFountain; Jul 31st 2005 at 9:49 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 9:45 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Fig appears to be yet another Yank who has read a couple of threads on the board, is outraged (OUTRAGED, I tell you!) that there are people here who are critical of this fine country that has deigned to allow us to enter its boarders, and is going to fight a single-handed crusade to teach us all that we can just darned well say nice things or go back home where we belong!

Nice to meet you Fig, and don't let the door catch you in the arse on the way out.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 9:54 pm
Yes, Master...

Tami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the rough

Please don't think that we all feel that way, folks. I'm thrilled that you're all here; you're much more fun than most actual Americans. Mr. Fig said on another thread that s/he's former military, and we all know that sometimes has an adverse effect! I am a "native born American" too, and I have plenty of issues with this country, so I don't see why you shouldn't be able to vent your frustrations as well.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 9:54 pm
Banned

Do I smell a troll round here, somewhere or did my dog just fart? Bad boy, get out in the yard now, phew what a whiff....
Oh, so now I'm a troll because you don't like what I am saying? Interesting.

Oh BTW I am not staying; I am here permanently, and it's your perspective not my attitude that needs adjusting.
You are "not staying" but you are "here permanently?" Which is it?

My perspective is just fine, as is my attitude towards others for I have manners and I don't attack people because they mispell something or because they simply ask a question.

My day is also going great, thanks for asking. We had a barbeque and a swim in our pool, but I had to cut the grass this morning, and boy it sure is hot here in Austin today. Take care out there newby!
Native American here so assuming your are a British expat then where it counts most it is you that is the "newby."

I'd learn some manners down there in Texas before someone tries and teach them to you, though I doubt very much you respond to people in person as you have done here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.