Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

US vs. UK visa

US vs. UK visa

Old May 31st 2002, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

tomato is an unknown quantity at this point
Default US vs. UK visa

I realize this forum is for people seeking US visas, and that's the process my fiance and I are currently in. But I wondered if any of you might have information about UK visas.

We've filed the I-129F through the NSC and we're waiting to hear back. And I know I need to just sit tight, and that's what I'll probably end up doing. But I just returned from two weeks with my fiance and I'm miserable about continuing to wait.

So my questions, if anyone here can answer or direct me to an appropriate resource: would it be better to get a fiancee visa to the UK? Would the fact that we're trying to get a fiance visa for him to come over here cause a problem? Could we cancel the petition and go ahead with trying to get a UK visa? Am I just making things worse for myself by wondering about stuff like this?

And yes, I *am* totally self-pitying today. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Old May 31st 2002, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: US vs. UK visa

You can get information on marriage settlement visas for the UK from: http://www.britainusa.com

You can get the visa on the same day if you appear in person at the British consulate, or in a couple of weeks by post. The process is easy and straightforward.
Old May 31st 2002, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

tomato is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: US vs. UK visa

Thanks so much, Ameriscot. Looks like an excellent resource.

Your help is much appreciated.