Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

US visitors' visa

US visitors' visa

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:21 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default US visitors' visa

My brother and his wife are coming out in late June/July for a month. They live in Cairo. She is traveling on an Indian passport, so has to get a tourist visa at the US Embassy in Cairo. I think the earliest appointment she could get was mid-May.

Does anyone have experience with visitors coming on the tourist visa? Especially from "tricky" areas like the Middle East? I think she is a bit worried she'll be turned down (no reason other than that she's worried).

I sent her an "official invitation" letter to show she has someone to visit and that she'll be put up and paid for during her visit. Anything else I could do to help?

[Please don't move this to the immigration/visas forum; I know many people on this forum don't go there and this is more of a "visitors to the US" post than a visa post]
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 10:15 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US visitors' visa

showing ties that they'll leave at the end of the holiday is good..so letter from employer, utility bills, lease's for apartment type stuff...because the onus is on them to show that they don't have immigrant intent at the end of the day...
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 12:47 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
My brother and his wife are coming out in late June/July for a month. They live in Cairo. She is traveling on an Indian passport, so has to get a tourist visa at the US Embassy in Cairo. I think the earliest appointment she could get was mid-May.

Does anyone have experience with visitors coming on the tourist visa? Especially from "tricky" areas like the Middle East? I think she is a bit worried she'll be turned down (no reason other than that she's worried).

I sent her an "official invitation" letter to show she has someone to visit and that she'll be put up and paid for during her visit. Anything else I could do to help?

[Please don't move this to the immigration/visas forum; I know many people on this forum don't go there and this is more of a "visitors to the US" post than a visa post]
Truly, there are more knowledgeable people who could answer your post in the US Visas forum.

The majority of people who read the USA forum are British and therefore do not need a visitor visa to visit the US.

NC Penguin
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 4:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

My only experience was with sposes in the UK who had a non UK passport, did not seem to be an issue, usual non immigrant evidence applies.

Cairo Embasy is another issue, more likely to get a harder ride is my guess, biggest problem is if they need to do a background check.

Just make sure that thye have all the evidence to show clear ties/need to return etc etc.